The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yeah NZ. And paid for by selling NSW govt assets & then tolled to the cahoots. Never mind that traffic congestion will be no better, likely worse.

Fcuk me voters can be both blind & self-centred.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Have you tried lying in front of the bulldozer?
Too late by the time the bulldozers are there, the Greens and Labour both said they won't proceed with the plan and will use funds for PT...the Libs on the other hand are just steaming ahead with wild abandon, same goes for the ridiculous stadium rebuilds- shocking waste of public monies.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Too late by the time the bulldozers are there, the Greens and Labour both said they won't proceed with the plan and will use funds for PT...the Libs on the other hand are just steaming ahead with wild abandon, same goes for the ridiculous stadium rebuilds- shocking waste of public monies.
But only poor people use PT, and they’re not really people. Besides, privatising things will trickle wealth down to the peasants anyway, then they can afford cars.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
But only poor people use PT.
Yeah, Gladys did just cap Opal card use to help with struggling families budgets,

which turns out to benefit a heap of people around here that catch the ferry rather than commuters from out west.

Haakon

Yeah, Gladys did just cap Opal card use to help with struggling families budgets,

which turns out to benefit a heap of people around here that catch the ferry rather than commuters from out west.
Opel card? Something to do with PT I’m guessing?

Edit - google knows all :)

This is a trend I’m seeing in the feds as well - coalition using departmental media releases to push political talking points... So much for an apolitical public service :(

https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/news-and-events/media-releases/opal-fares-capped-at-cpi

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Haakon

NSW version of Myki. It's a fuck over of course.

NSW is quite the progressive place to be.
Myki is a joke, I freaking hate it... Last time I was in Sydney I just used my credit card - genius! In Melbourne you can’t even buy one off tickets...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Myki is a joke, I freaking hate it... Last time I was in Sydney I just used my credit card - genius! In Melbourne you can’t even buy one off tickets...
Card tapping is fairly new. I'm not sure about now, but before I went to Japan they still didn't have a way to check if you had or had not tapped on.

Haakon

Card tapping is fairly new. I'm not sure about now, but before I went to Japan they still didn't have a way to check if you had or had not tapped on.
Not when I was there... I just assumed it was another thing that if you’re Japanese you just know because you’re not an idiot westerner.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not when I was there... I just assumed it was another thing that if you’re Japanese you just know because you’re not an idiot westerner.
Sorry - I mean the authorities here hadn't worked out how to ticket check if you had tapped on or not with a banking card in January, before I went to Japan. Now that I have returned to Australia I have not yet discovered if the authorities are able to perform this action.

Japan have been tapping passes on trains for along time. The best feature is that their gates don't require you to line up and go through one at a time like the shit temperamental set up here. It's just pop pop pop pop pop don't even break stride! Yet somehow we couldn't copy this miraculous feat?

Haakon

The old gates in Melbourne didn’t require you to slow down once you had the knack of inserting the ticket... Myki is a slooooooow pita.

Yeah I wondered about that when I took a couple of trains in Sydney. Mind you, unlike Melbourne I didn’t have the fear that I’d be body slammed to the ground at gun point should I have been suspected of evasion!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The old gates in Melbourne didn’t require you to slow down once you had the knack of inserting the ticket... Myki is a slooooooow pita.

Yeah I wondered about that when I took a couple of trains in Sydney. Mind you, unlike Melbourne I didn’t have the fear that I’d be body slammed to the ground at gun point should I have been suspected of evasion!
We have put those days behind us...not so long ago our ticket inspectors were animalistic cunts with borderline police powers. After a run of violent incidents they canned the service for a while and just left it as a role for the cops (not much better I might add. I guess the cops that get rail duty are on the low end of useful...). The transit officers returned a little while ago in fresh non-military style uniforms and having something too many authoritarian organisations lack - manners. They've learnt the value of saying please and thank you plus the reality that not every single person using public transport is a fare evading scum bag. Shock + horror.

Haakon

We have put those days behind us...not so long ago our ticket inspectors were animalistic cunts with borderline police powers. After a run of violent incidents they canned the service for a while and just left it as a role for the cops (not much better I might add. I guess the cops that get rail duty are on the low end of useful...). The transit officers returned a little while ago in fresh non-military style uniforms and having something too many authoritarian organisations lack - manners. They've learnt the value of saying please and thank you plus the reality that not every single person using public transport is a fare evading scum bag. Shock + horror.
Wow. What a whacky idea!! Didn’t you know guns given to agro idiots who were too dumb to get into the police is the only way to counter those freeloading scum!