The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
If I was an uneducated swinging voter…as opposed to just an opinionated flog…. I have seen much in the media to make me want to vote for ALP.
This is the problem. Neither Elbo nor Scooter seem to have any form of charisma.

The ALP have also parachuted in a candidate in our area and bumped out the local representative which impressed no one. Meanwhile, the ex-LNP who is now an independent candidate seems to be gaining a lot of traction.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
This is the problem. Neither Elbo nor Scooter seem to have any form of charisma.

The ALP have also parachuted in a candidate in our area and bumped out the local representative which impressed no one. Meanwhile, the ex-LNP who is now an independent candidate seems to be gaining a lot of traction.
Oh you in Keneally's seat?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Yeah dud move on their part - dumping a hugely popular candidate with strong local connections for a parachuted ex Upper House rep with delusions of grandeur. I don't care how much future PM potential she has it's never going to pass the pub test.
There is a group on FB called 'people smiling like they are dead inside'. The LNP candidate for Fowler would be a perfect poster person. Those dull glazed eyes, the face contorted into a rictus... :oops:
Just saying...

Keneally might be a parachute candidate, but she's done a good job AFAIK grilling LNP shitstains in senate estimates, which is the only real insight the people of Australia were getting for the past 3 or more years into gubbinment fuckery and corruption.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yeah dud move on their part - dumping a hugely popular candidate with strong local connections for a parachuted ex Upper House rep with delusions of grandeur. I don't care how much future PM potential she has it's never going to pass the pub test.
It reeks to dump a local in preference of a candidate that is seen as being plonked in due to favouritism. Won't be the first nor last time someone is pushed into a seemingly safe seat to save them for another day.

ForkinGreat

It reeks to dump a local in preference of a candidate that is seen as being plonked in due to favouritism. Won't be the first nor last time someone is pushed into a seemingly safe seat to save them for another day.
Absolutely, it's fucked, but so is politics, at many times. Same thing would happen with Penny Wong, if she wanted to get a house of reps seat.
It would be awesome if she was in the HOR, but it's not possible to have a debate when the LNP fuckheads use their majority to suppress ANY debate.

ForkinGreat

ScrotuMo was given cook. the preselection was nobbled. The local party members didn't want it, but ScrotuMo was forced upon them, and lies were told about Michael Towke in the media. the whole thing was utterly fucked.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Absolutely, it's fucked, but so is politics, at many times.
Indeed it is. I prefer to watch at a distance.

Any side will do similar tactics and put lipstick on their pig candidates to cover wrongs of the past. None have a clean slate there.

The only thing I'm really looking forward to by Saturday is end of these political robocalls, TV commercials and messages.
How the UAP thinks these messages like this one today helps their cause is anyone's guess.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Indeed it is. I prefer to watch at a distance.

Any side will do similar tactics and put lipstick on their pig candidates to cover wrongs of the past. None have a clean slate there.

The only thing I'm really looking forward to by Saturday is end of these political robocalls, TV commercials and messages.
How the UAP thinks these messages like this one today helps their cause is anyone's guess.

View attachment 389633
It does help their cause, very effectively indeed. Lots and lots and lots of morons out there the LNP cant openly court, but Clive is happy to pander to them and send the preferences on ;)

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
It does help their cause, very effectively indeed. Lots and lots and lots of morons out there the LNP cant openly court, but Clive is happy to pander to them and send the preferences on ;)
Assuming they can read well enough to follow his how to vote cards.

Remember tomorrow people, only you determine your preferences.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
only you determine your preferences.
"But the vote card tells me how to vote"

- Average apathetic voter

I wonder if we'll have any more special units get in tomorrow to the Senate; like Ricky Muir from the Burnout Party or when David Leyonhjelm got in cus his name was first on the Senate ticket and enough people just read "Liberal Democrat" and went "yeah Liberals I want Tony" ticks box or when Hinch got in cus there was a ketamine epidemic (I'm guessing). So many opportunities.