The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Pity the fine local constabulary of Newcastle didn't put the same effort into finding your lost steeds.
One night I was pulled over about a block from my house...bag emptied onto the footpath, wallet emptied onto the footpath, pockets...etc etc etc. They were sure I was riding a stolen bike! Or they just wanted to hassle me. I made no effort to reduce the tension and did indeed ask them if they had found any of my stolen bikes. When they decided I wasn't running drugs on a stolen bike etc they just hoped in their car and left me to pick up all my scattered shit. I was on the way home from the grocery store.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
When they decided I wasn't running drugs on a stolen bike etc they just hoped in their car and left me to pick up all my scattered shit. I was on the way home from the grocery store.
I guess the shotgun approach to herding up anyone on a bike and thinking that they are bike thief works sometimes.........Errrrr....
No that the ones here are any more responsive. They only seem to pop their heads up and put in an effort once a bad story has reached the media.

LPG

likes thicc birds
One night I was pulled over about a block from my house...bag emptied onto the footpath, wallet emptied onto the footpath, pockets...etc etc etc. They were sure I was riding a stolen bike! Or they just wanted to hassle me. I made no effort to reduce the tension and did indeed ask them if they had found any of my stolen bikes. When they decided I wasn't running drugs on a stolen bike etc they just hoped in their car and left me to pick up all my scattered shit. I was on the way home from the grocery store.
In their defence they probably saw you riding a bike only to see it reported as stolen the next day. After seeing this more than once they probably started to notice you.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I used to take my roadie to long shut-downs. Never an issue in Kinky Roy but in Bilo I was stopped at least once per shut. One time at band camp, oops, one time I rode out to Banana. Cop car passed me twice in each direction. Next trip got stopped in Banana and asked all the typical questions including why the fuck are you riding out to this shithole in the middle of the night. Because I didn't get back to the hotel and fed until 8pm? I need to wind down, etc. Same trip stopped me again an hour or so later outside the hotel. Same questions. Licence? Inside my room, didn't know I needed a licence for a velocopede. Anyway that ended well. Searched my empty water bottle for drugs. Apparently. I dropped into the station the next day to find the Sgt was the same guy who was there when we built the place. Mate give your nightshift something to do other than interrupt my rides. Worked for a while.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
In their defence they probably saw you riding a bike only to see it reported as stolen the next day. After seeing this more than once they probably started to notice you.
One night I was in a cafe on what was at the time the town's busiest cafe strip. A group of police (let's say 10, not a small group not a large group) came on and consumed coffee. They were there for a long time. Later that night as I rode home I was pulled over about 400m from my street. In the process one of the two police officers proposed that they had seen me on Darby street and now they see me again riding around on my bike...that seems a little suspicious doesn't it? Well I suggested the suspicious thing was how long they sat in the cafe drinking coffee with their colleagues and that they were now following me, a private citizen going about their business, around and harrassing me. I was threatened with the taser and these guys had themselves a good look through my bag as well. Once again I had an assortment of groceries in there...once upon a time there was a 24hr supermarket between this popular cafe strip and my house, so grabbing groceries on the way home was easy and convenient.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
One night I was in a cafe on what was at the time the town's busiest cafe strip. A group of police (let's say 10, not a small group not a large group) came on and consumed coffee. They were there for a long time. Later that night as I rode home I was pulled over about 400m from my street. In the process one of the two police officers proposed that they had seen me on Darby street and now they see me again riding around on my bike...that seems a little suspicious doesn't it? Well I suggested the suspicious thing was how long they sat in the cafe drinking coffee with their colleagues and that they were now following me, a private citizen going about their business, around and harrassing me. I was threatened with the taser and these guys had themselves a good look through my bag as well. Once again I had an assortment of groceries in there...once upon a time there was a 24hr supermarket between this popular cafe strip and my house, so grabbing groceries on the way home was easy and convenient.
Police are not there to protect the people they are there to protect the status quo.

Last edited: