The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Crazy is as crazy does. Mate of mine's sister lives in Katter country. Her and her husband are great people. Salt of the earth farmers etc. They are pretty sure the sun shines out of Katter's arse. Cannot understand what he says or does but they believe it all.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Dutton as PM. And Abbot reinstalled as maybe defence minister.

I have no words... Except maybe for “how do I get residency in NZ...?”

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Given that Turnbull has baled on every principle he supposedly stood for, seeing him rolled would be no great loss. To be honest I would love to see Dutton and Abbott back in the hot seats just in time to lose the next election and get a good swift kick out of public life.

What amuses me is how the Coalition see these polls with Labor in front and think to themselves, 'the Australian public want to see us become more conservative, just like those people they claim they want to vote for...'

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I am in Dutton's electorate which he holds with a majority of 0.0000005. He will be gone next election anyway. Lowest of the low these dumbarses who think the world wants a looney right wing faction of climate sceptics running the kitchen.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Surely Australia won't stand for that shit? If Dutton does the deal and comes up trumps, is there any mechanism that can be used to fuck him off? Other than waiting for an election and hoping he doesn't somehow fluke victory.

Agree that Turnbull appears to have failed himself and almost every thing he claimed to stand for. Will he leave office with the achievement of marriage equality as his only achievement?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I think the diehards in the LNP are well out of touch and because they have hamstrung Turnbull's government they deserve some time in the sheds. Sadly I do not want uncle Bill as PM. Albanese yes, Shorten no. Could be my bias from dealing with the man in a past life but Shorten is an odious litttle person.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
No, many many polls have Turnbull as preferred PM over Shorten. That's been the case for a long time.
Well thankfully in Australia we vote for a political party, not a person. Votes made by carefully considering the big issues and whats in the best interests of all.

ahahahhahahaha... Thank you thank you all, I'm here all week ;)

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Shorten is the most insincere sounding politician I've come across in forever. People I work with have worked alongside him in previous lives and they say that is a good reflection on who he really is, that he's a career politician rather than a leader. His goal is to be PM rather than to contribute to the nation. He's not a good alternative. Malcolm started out well but proved that he's a tough as a bowl of custard and Abbott/Sith Lord Dutton and that crew are probably the worst option out of all.

What I meant by the Trump moment is that our standard political class are so uninterested in the national interest and prefer to play politics instead and the country gets left behind. Then you end up with some outsider - generally an idiot - like Hanson, Lamby, Palmer and their type who play the populist card and win because they are not part of the system, they 'talk straight' and promise that they are for the country, Australia first and all that BS. Then they turn out to be a Mussolini. Think Farage, Trump, Duterte, etc.