The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How about those robotic mannerisms! Robo-scomo is ready for recycling, not reusing. Though his contribution to our nation should have been reduced a long time ago.

slowmick

38-39"
Maybe the could have sent Keneally to us. Looks like we will have The Tudger again.
I think the people of my electorate saw the name and thought hey, I know him, must be good.
He's been the member since 2010 and it's been a liberal seat since 1990 - at each election it seems like no-one else takes winning it seriously.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
The Liberal Party have literally been gutted from the centre. To lose North Sydney, Mackellor, Warringah, Wentworth, Goldstein Kooyong and Curtin to centrist independents will basically condemn the LNP to the wilderness for at least 3 terms.

As much as I would like to see Dutton given the boot, seeing him lead the party through the wilderness and never be PM is a good consolation prize.

I predict a full scale revolt from the NSW, VIC and maybe the WA divisions against QLD with demands that the QLD division de-merge from the National party. There would then be a revision to the coalition agreement with the National party. There's simply no way for the LNP to win power again with the National tail wagging the dog.

My dream outcome would be for the coalition agreement to be ripped up and the Liberals to select candidates for each seat.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Agreed, absolutely no way the Liberals will win in 2025 unless there's a titanic economic meltdown. And even then it's still near impossible. All those seats they've ceded to independents will be an absolute mammoth task to recover - to date in the last 10 years they've recovered one (Wentworth) but now lost it again. Historic ones they've lost (Mayo, Indi) now appear gone for eternity to them despite several elections / by-elections. No reason to think the new ones won't be the same.

Opposition Leader Dutton (lol) is impossibly wedged between the RWNJs who will never let them forge any kind of concessions to climate change, and trying to win back the heartland seats (and donors!!!) who have made their positions very clear. And with climate change related disasters now seemingly locked in every 18 months it'll always be an issue very fresh on voters' minds.

Also worth noting is the one Liberal moderate Bridget Archer. Had the tiniest margin of all Liberal seats across the nation and was also the only Liberal to actually make a stand against their conservative bullshit policies, torpedo that munted religious bill and insist on an ICAC. She's also the only Liberal moderate who's actually kept her seat. Increased her margin too.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
The cookers were in their usual spot today, we rode past quietly.
Aww.... they can be bolstered by all their freshly unemployed Lib Dem / One Nation / UAP freedumb candidates who also failed to achieve anything of note over the weekend.

If it's one really positive thing to take away from this election, it's that the average Australian voter is nowhere near as stupid as some think.