The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Also worth noting is the one Liberal moderate Bridget Archer. Had the tiniest margin of all Liberal seats across the nation and was also the only Liberal to actually make a stand against their conservative bullshit policies, torpedo that munted religious bill and insist on an ICAC. She's also the only Liberal moderate who's actually kept her seat. Increased her margin too.
Exactly what I was thinking yesterday watching the Sky unhinged entertainment channel. Ranting on about needing to move back to the solid right stance their supporters have been demanding

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Exactly what I was thinking yesterday watching the Sky unhinged entertainment channel. Ranting on about needing to move back to the solid right stance their supporters have been demanding
Yeah, Discount Playschool host Rowan Dean looked like he was having a stroke live on air (not unusual for him though). Senator Alex Antic even had to run off to Steve Bannon's safe space to say the same thing. He's always been a moronic deadshit though.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
It will be interesting to see whether they (LNP) actually do any real analysis or just knee (and other bits) jerk to the right. It is a bit like the original analysis of bombers coming back in ww2. The armourers wanted to bolster the bits that were shot to pieces by flak on the aircraft that made it home but the designers said they can survive that we need to protect the bits that aren't shot up. The LNP have lost because (in my opinion anyway), their position on climate, their treatment of women, their refusal to take accountability and the happy clapper attitude.

The LNP did not lose anything to the whacky right, Pauline and Clive got nothing and the fact that farmers are too dumb to vote for anything other than the Nats is no reason to take Nat policies wider. The electorate have said we want action and accountability so unless they move that way they are going to be in wilderness for a long time subject of course to the ALP not doing anything equally extreme.

The country needs strong government and strong opposition and for too long it has had neither. The teals are a breath of fresh air and if there were teal candidates up here they would have garnered the vote given to the greens. While the teals are a great mix of education and good sense they are not a party and do not have a single voice.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
my take on a strong opposition is that Dutton is not it. Taking a look at what won this election and Dutton represents none of it. If they put Dutton in, we can sit back and relax for the foreseeable future (short of some national security crisis which blows up in albos face).

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
my take on a strong opposition is that Dutton is not it. Taking a look at what won this election and Dutton represents none of it. If they put Dutton in, we can sit back and relax for the foreseeable future (short of some national security crisis which blows up in albos face).
You mean something like the Chinese government establishing a position in the Pacific islands?

The country needs strong government and strong opposition and for too long it has had neither.
The ALP have spent a long time with significantly reduced access/space in conventional media. Murdoch and Howard worked very hard to ensure that. The ALP have a chance now to get ahead of this by bracing new(er) media frontiers and indoctrinate younger generations. While letting these outdated platforms and the personalities on them either away.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
We look like having the Senator for Sports Ball right here in the ACT, but I think (hope) it will be good for all sports and recreation, not just the ones with balls.
Hoping that Pocock and Gallagher will get some movement finally on the ACT mtb consultation. The flow trail to the cotter was an election commitment for the local greens and labor, but has all gone a bit quiet since covid. Some fed $$$ would be nice.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
We look like having the Senator for Sports Ball right here in the ACT, but I think (hope) it will be good for all sports and recreation, not just the ones with balls.
Haha, you took my response really seriously... But yes, hopefully a broader range of sports (or appreciation of outdoor recreation generally) is on the agenda.

Not eSports though. They're like eBikes. Cuss those guys... :p

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Hoping that Pocock and Gallagher will get some movement finally on the ACT mtb consultation. The flow trail to the cotter was an election commitment for the local greens and labor, but has all gone a bit quiet since covid. Some fed $$$ would be nice.
I work for one of the larger engineering consultancies in town. We haven't seen an RFT for either design or construction.
Request for funding ($1.2m) has work commencing 22-23 financial year.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I work for one of the larger engineering consultancies in town. We haven't seen an RFT for either design or construction.
Request for funding ($1.2m) has work commencing 22-23 financial year.
I had a few chats with the person who was running the consultation, but after she moved on I haven't heard much. If you know anything concrete do chuck it up in the thread.