The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

link1896

Mr Greenfield
A friend is in the electoral office of a sitting federal minister. The disregard for work place legislation is astounding. There is no unionisation of staffers.

WTF?!!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm related to a current serving pollie (who by all accounts is good at their job and a hard worker). Anecdotally they, and the pollies they hang out with are not over worked and have 'plenty' of time (or the same as other upper management people) for family, holidays, gatherings etc. There are certainly times when they are flat out, but nowhere near 24/7 or 365 days a year

She wasn't dating a bike by any chance?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
That's the thing though, I have worked for opposition backbenchers and they've busted their arses to get involved and try to deliver for their respective communities, lay out a vision blah blah etc. Must have lucked out with some competent ones.
Without knowing the details it's hard to guess but I suspect major party incumbents in safe seats would probably be able to take it a bit easier but that's probably not as true as it once was :D

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
no, no they're not. The retards, not that we use that word anymore, would be people who don't care to educate themselves in matters that impact themselves and the greater community.

Wanna know why everything is so damn expensive, people are homeless and without jobs, that's a direct result of politics and the Liberal party in particular and the rich get richer, poor people can just die ethos.
Do you even take your own advice?

tbh political parties need to be outlawed and Australia needs to go back to been run by independents

Flow-Rider

Burner
Gina Rinehart rips up $15 million netball deal after sponsorship scandal

Netball Australia has had the rug pulled out from under it after mining magnate Gina Rinehart ripped up a $15 million sponsorship deal on Saturday.
In a swirling fiasco, the situation has continued to deteriorate in recent days following revelations last weekend that Diamonds players had concerns about wearing a team uniform that included sponsorship branding from Rinehart’s Hancock Prospecting company.

The issue came to a head because Indigenous player Donnell Wallam, who is line to make her Diamonds debut in the upcoming series against England, was said to be uncomfortable wearing a uniform with the Hancock Prospecting logo, because of comments made by Rinehart’s father Lang Hancock in the 1980s. Hancock infamously suggested in 1984 Indigenous Australians should be sterilised to “breed themselves out” in coming years. Players were also reported to be supportive of Wallam and the push-back against the Diamonds’ major sponsor. The Diamonds are yet to wear a uniform with the Hancock logo on it — and it now appears that they never will.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pulled the rug, really?? I think the team made it pretty clear the sponsorship was untenable. Didn’t she give them 4 months or something to get their suit together with a new sponsor?
I am happy to ride for Team Gina , just not happy to ride Gina. I have standards.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Pulled the rug, really?? I think the team made it pretty clear the sponsorship was untenable. Didn’t she give them 4 months or something to get their suit together with a new sponsor?
I am happy to ride for Team Gina , just not happy to ride Gina. I have standards.
I suppose the corporate end wants the finances and the players are standing up for equality and mining is frowned upon by many these days. It's got the stigma like Marlboro had on motor racing.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
In this instance mining as a whole isn't the problem. The perceived slight lies in the link between Rinehart and her late father Lang Hancock, the latter of whom made some pretty distasteful comments against indigenous people.
Lang Hancock advocated sterilization of 'problem' indigenous people. That's orders of magnitude greater than "distasteful". Just saying.

Last edited:

nathanm

Eats Squid
Team Gina?
The woman who says climate change isn't real, mining is taxed too high, wanted to split australia in half and have two separate countries and says people should be willing to work for $2 per hour like in Africa?
Has made billions and billions stripping australia of its minerals for her own personal wealth and only puts back in to limit her tax responsibilities even more? Yet everyone thinks the sponsorship deal went south because of her dads comments, which I'm sure she feels exactly the same about.

I'm absolutely amazed at the online support for this Jabba the Hut, and hate for the opals.

After a year of floods caused directly by climate change people still care more about putting money into sports than they do about fixing the world.