The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Litenbror

Eats Squid
The head of the Tasmanian salmon growers association is a former Liberal staffer so of course no one is saying anything. Antibiotic use in aquaculture is very wide spread and relatively unregulated so all that cheap seafood we eats costs us elsewhere.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
It was totally unregulated in my aquaculture days. I self regulated, but most didn't. It was a free for all.

I never used it in my barramundi, and only rarely used it when quarantining imported aquarium fish.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
It was totally unregulated in my aquaculture days. I self regulated, but most didn't. It was a free for all.

I never used it in my barramundi, and only rarely used it when quarantining imported aquarium fish.
We used it on our Barramundi when necessary and needed a vets prescription, also had to report to fisheries. We recorded all usage and used it sparingly but that was just because we were willing to work harder to avoid using it.

rockmoose

We used it on our Barramundi when necessary and needed a vets prescription, also had to report to fisheries. We recorded all usage and used it sparingly but that was just because we were willing to work harder to avoid using it.
Did you have fresh, and salt water? I never had a bacterial outbreak I couldn't fix by flipping from one to the other. I was very pro-active though, picking up outbreaks early is key.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Did you have fresh, and salt water? I never had a bacterial outbreak I couldn't fix by flipping from one to the other. I was very pro-active though, picking up outbreaks early is key.
We only had salt water for the tanks. Had fresh water from a spring on the mainland for us but not enough to bath large numbers of fish. It would usually happen after a grade or transfer, getting on top of the infection early was critical but during the wet season the temperature and bacteria in the water was really working against you. It was at Cone bay Barramundi but I was there from 2005 -2009 so the process have probably changed a lot from our early cowboy days.

rockmoose

We only had salt water for the tanks. Had fresh water from a spring on the mainland for us but not enough to bath large numbers of fish. It would usually happen after a grade or transfer, getting on top of the infection early was critical but during the wet season the temperature and bacteria in the water was really working against you. It was at Cone bay Barramundi but I was there from 2005 -2009 so the process have probably changed a lot from our early cowboy days.
Can't remember off the top of my head when I bailed out of barra, but probably around '05. Started in '91, I remember that much.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
How is this not blackmail?
So the 24,980,000 "regular" Australians have to get reamed to support the 20,000 miners and their, what, 150,000 or 200,000 "support workers?
And let's not pretend that the industry isn't more aligned with supporting their shareholders than any BS about providing jobs for Aussies!

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't know what show it was, but stumbled across a program that just at the right time delivered this little gem...

"Politics is basically showbusiness for ugly people. Not necessarily ugly externally, but with few exceptions they're ugly personalities".
I have heard that one too it is a classic. think it is worse now. It is more like politics has now become the trashy Soap Opera for ugly people.