The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

dej

Likes Bikes
An interesting observation. There were no Libs at my polling station in Whitlam handing out how to vote cards. There was one lady there who wanted one and was asking the electoral staff how to vote for Turnbull. I know this is a safe seat but it is not a great sign for the Gov or Turnbull that the was no grass roots support on the day for people who wanted it.
I'm in kooyong electorate (eastern suburbs melb)
i got approached by liberal first trying to give me propaganda, the greens party guy just said hello and then the labor guy tried to give me their propaganda
During the past few weeks the liberal folks have been standing about at the train station. i've seen the greens once, no labor.
it's fairly certain that the liberals will win my electorate..

I just read on wiki (source of all truth?) the electorate was formed in 1900 and it's been held by liberals the entire time. one of two vic seats having never been held by the labor party
I didnt vote libs, but yeah doesn't look like it'll matter really

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I just read on wiki (source of all truth?) the electorate was formed in 1900 and it's been held by liberals the entire time. one of two vic seats having never been held by the labor party
I probably live in the other. Shits me no end that my vote is useless.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I'm in the safest Coalition seat in the country...so I couldn't affect that outcome. Hardest part is the hand wringing over who to vote last for - the Rise Up Australia nutjob or the Citizens Electoral Council nutjob.

But I made my vote count on the Senate paper by voting below the line...and had a whale of a time putting a mark against names in the parties that Malcolm told me not vote for...Greens, NXT, Cyclists...Ricky Muir(!). Fuck them if they don't see the fun side in that...

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Voted just to make my electorate marginal and make the senate as batshit crazy as possible. Any semblance of "stability" can EAD.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Safe for which side?
Does the name of the seat give any hints?

;)
Yep on the money there, the seat was formally named Throsby and has been a safe labour seat forever! It is currently held by Stephen Jones a former unionist and I doubt this will change tonight. The last election was a bit more interesting as Angry Anderson ran in this seat for the Nats before he switched over to the ALA on the senate ticket this election. Our liberal candidate was a fly in and quit when she realised the task at hand. There was some other name on the ballot for the libs and I have never heard of them. Just about anyone could put there name up here and get a run.

i got approached by liberal first trying to give me propaganda, the greens party guy just said hello and then the labor guy tried to give me their propaganda
During the past few weeks the liberal folks have been standing about at the train station. i've seen the greens once, no labor.

Yep it sucks as you would hope just once there would be a decent swing to send a message, although I am not found of anyone this election. I did write a message on the ballot paper about how much I dislike Turnbull so hopefully it will be seen by one of the scrutinisers or one of the counters get a giggle from it.

The people handing out the labor cards tried to give one to my 13 year old daughter so I think they were desperate to try and con any one they could..lol

Polls just closed so let the fun begin :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not named after the band?
One of their finest songs. Closely followed by a song about hamburgers.

Similar again...yay for safe seats. Local paper here advised that the only pledge in our favour worth mentioning was a few hundred thousand to upgrade some very shitty tennis courts. Who even does tennis anymore? Yawn.

floody

Wheel size expert
One side calling the other side big fat liars

From where I stand its flaming pants all round.

I'm in the gunbarrel of a penalty rates shitfight caused by one of the ALP's biggest backers, who've got two senate candidates who oppose same sex marriage on my state ticket... So flaming pants all round for sure.