The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If Stirk filled out his ballot paper correctly with 6 numbers in the boxes, and drew a dick and balls, did he cast an informal vote?
Short answer, nope, it counts.
Hmmm...I believe a degree of discretion may come into it at the polling location. Many years ago I worked at a polling point, the joys of being a student and needing a bit of cash. At the end of the night when the boxes were opened there was a lot of debate about what did/didn't create an informal. Most of the folks I was working with were old grumps, I don't know if they would have passed it.

Personally I feel the only thing that should invalidate your vote is if the counters are unable to decipher your intent...so draw as many dicks as you like, just male the numbers clear.

floody

Wheel size expert
If everything is numbered correctly and nothing is obscured, any manner of doodling elsewhere should make no difference.

Hmmm...I believe a degree of discretion may come into it at the polling location. Many years ago I worked at a polling point, the joys of being a student and needing a bit of cash. At the end of the night when the boxes were opened there was a lot of debate about what did/didn't create an informal. Most of the folks I was working with were old grumps, I don't know if they would have passed it.

Personally I feel the only thing that should invalidate your vote is if the counters are unable to decipher your intent...so draw as many dicks as you like, just male the numbers clear.

Draw the numbers as dicks !!!!

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
the senate is going to be a huge fucking mess.

Already two people have indicated they won't play ball which leaves lnp with only 3 or so people to negotiate with i think, and lambie likely won't budge.

What a right royal mess, it makes the last senate look friendly.

moorey

call me Mia
Does this belong in the stupid Q thread.......but why no more counting till Tuesday? They put in or good day...evening I should say...then need 2 days off while it all hangs in the balance...

stirk

Burner
the senate is going to be a huge fucking mess.

Already two people have indicated they won't play ball which leaves lnp with only 3 or so people to negotiate with i think, and lambie likely won't budge.

What a right royal mess, it makes the last senate look friendly.
I have an image playing in my head of Jacqui and Pauline jelly wrestling with Fred being the ref and Darren commentating the whole affair.

Should be fun for whichever party wins Govt.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does this belong in the stupid Q thread.......but why no more counting till Tuesday? They put in or good day...evening I should say...then need 2 days off while it all hangs in the balance...
It's a good question and most of the time it goes unnoticed if the result is clear, but has something to do with only the votes cast at polling places are counted on the day. Not sure why they wait the rest of the time.

What a disastrous result for Mal Turnbull. The country has pretty much been on hold for 9 months while he tried to get his shit together and still to this days he has not got his shit together.

placebo

Likes Dirt
Postal, pre-poll and those absent votes are gathered for each electorate, then sent out and counting continues.

Minlak

custom titis
It's a good question and most of the time it goes unnoticed if the result is clear, but has something to do with only the votes cast at polling places are counted on the day. Not sure why they wait the rest of the time.

What a disastrous result for Mal Turnbull. The country has pretty much been on hold for 9 months while he tried to get his shit together and still to this days he has not got his shit together.
Allows for postal votes to be delivered to the counting type place.

stirk

Burner
:woot:

Can't wait for the next song.

[video=youtube_share;D4tZRZSGxcE]https://youtu.be/D4tZRZSGxcE[/video]

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
What was the deal with channel 7's election night coverage? Did they seriously think all those stupid fucking animations and dorky shit like the departures board, could make it less boring?

#hashtag

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
What was the deal with channel 7's election night coverage? Did they seriously think all those stupid fucking animations and dorky shit like the departures board, could make it less boring?

#hashtag
I was more intrigued/appalled at the panellists. Holy moley...Latham, Lambie, Kennett, Gerard Henderson and Alan Fucking Jones! No wonder Plibersek did a runner...

Flow-Rider

Burner
This election has more twists and turns than the Brisbane river itself. How does someone like Hanson make such a strong come back?

stirk

Burner
This election has more twists and turns than the Brisbane river itself. How does someone like Hanson make such a strong come back?
Hate is a powerful friend and a formidable force in times of fear.

First she hated anyone Asian, probably still does, but now the focus is on a religion.