The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
According to you no one should have children. So in 80-100 years time no humans. Great solution. Guess the planet is saved.
Not what I said as you well know, but now that you mention it that's not a bad idea! The planet and all its other residents would breathe a huge sigh of relief to see us all fuck off.

But I'll happily start with Trump/LNP voters and work my up from there ;)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Unrelated...I said on Twitter that Fred Trump was racist, and it triggered a woman demanding proof. I linked her to credible reports/articles of his links to KKK and white supremacists, and charges/findings of not allowing ‘coloureds’ in his housing developments.
‘That’s just media and reporting, I don’t believe any fake news. Where’s the proof
I asked for?’
Sums up Trumps Murcia.
Yeah, many like the Trumps made money from being racist, the whole Trump family ran a heap of rental apartments and they banned Negroes and Hispanics from entering them as in those days it devalued property by banks not loaning people money for real estate in those areas where they lived, as it was classed as a high risk area for house loans and insurances.

It's how the whole 'Ghetto' thing developed in the US. They called it 'Redlining' back in those days and government wouldn't spend money in those areas so the areas (segregated to black America & Hispanics) devalued even faster. Still happens today apparently, I watched a current doco on closing down roller skating rinks in the US and they still had different nights for Blacks or Whites.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
When I worked for the parent company in the US office last century I was shocked to see the pay grades were subdivided by ethnicity once you settled on a level. Piss poor.

Binaural

Eats Squid
When I worked for the parent company in the US office last century I was shocked to see the pay grades were subdivided by ethnicity once you settled on a level. Piss poor.
That is absolutely disgraceful, and also counterproductive. I've never found that trying to deliberately underpay led to anything other than frequently losing good people to places with reasonable (not even excessive) pay scales. Just revolting management ethics.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
The cybersecurity bill revealed we were ruled by morons who refused to listen to technical expertise, and this is arguably even stupider (at least this hasn't ruined an industry for nothing). Restricting access to certain sites is a parent's job, not society.
But don't you know parents aren't responsible for anything these days?

The number of people who are gobsmacked when they find out our kids don't have unlimited access to a device is embarrassing.