The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
No.... I'm pretty sure I know who is to blame. I hear what you're saying, but politics has taken us backwards for a while now. And that's been driven by organisations with money to lose who have the ability to drive those politics.
We could have had better funded fire services with a federal labor goverment, at the very least in the area of aircraft for water bombing and fire retardent bombing of fires.

instead we got #ScrotuMo and his "nothing to see here" bullshit.

stirk

Burner
Didn't celebrate New year's at all really. Couldn't watch the fireworks nor any news so I don't see a recap of them. Its too bloody upsetting at the moment to celebrate anything and I find myself tearing up knowing what's happening and what's already happened. So much loss, property, life, livelihoods and wildlife gone.

Politics is much of what's being argued on many forums, I'll only make my one observation that our politicians don't know what the fuck to do. It's taken too long for any action to prepare for the catastrophic events unfolding and still not much is being done at a federal level to help communities.

I like cricket but not watching that either thanks to scrotmo's idiotic speach.

Hope everyone stays safe, I'm off to join the RFS.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
No.... I'm pretty sure I know who is to blame. I hear what you're saying, but politics has taken us backwards for a while now. And that's been driven by organisations with money to lose who have the ability to drive those politics.
And as voters, we play along.

FigBo0T

I don’t... If you value climate change recognition, let alone action, there are actually options at the ballot. Have been for years.
Uh-huh. Not sure what point you're making. "We" is a democracy. "We" failed. I don't claim to have answers to the conundrum, I just recognize that lynch-mobbing is pointless and pathetic. And embarrassing to watch.

Especially so when the fucking fires are still burning

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Uh-huh. Not sure what point you're making. "We" is a democracy. "We" failed. I don't claim to have answers to the conundrum, I just recognize that lynch-mobbing is pointless and pathetic. And embarrassing to watch.

Oh right, I see what you're saying now. Yes... Fuckign humans.

I'm sure all those wealthy retirees are donating their franking credits to the fire services.

* I have a very long wall and list of people to put against it. Don't discount the value of a good lynching ;)

ForkinGreat

that seems to fall into the "it's not the right time" category that Gladys #koalakiller and #ScrotuMo are fond of using. it's never the right time for pollies.

By the time the fire season is over in (fark knows???) Autumn, attention may be drifting toward the various winter sportzball codes.

The time to discuss, argue or indeed get in a rage about the fires is Now.

FigBo0T

Because crying over spilled milk is progressive .... more than half the country voted for this gubbmint. They aren't all wealthy retirees. The problem goes back a lot further than the current gubbmint. This is logic 101 ....

ForkinGreat

It's the mining and energy donors who own the federal government, along with Murdoch Media, banks and others...

ForkinGreat

Because crying over spilled milk is progressive .... more than half the country voted for this gubbmint. They aren't all wealthy retirees. The problem goes back a lot further than the current gubbmint. This is logic 101 ....
ok, tell us about the problem. Keep in mind that the federal Liberals have been in power since September 2013,
They have had since then to deal with problems, but the default position still seems to blame things on the previous government.
That shit doesn't have traction any more.

FigBo0T

ok, tell us about the problem. Keep in mind that the federal Liberals have been in power since September 2013,
They have had since then to deal with problems, but the default position still seems to blame things on the previous government.
That shit doesn't have traction any more.
You appear to want me to be defending the LNP. It applies to all the angry people in this thread. Read what I've written. I'm done.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Its not spilt milk we are crying over. Its a massive amount of money directed at fundamentally amoral campaigns to misinform the inherently ignorant masses.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
He's not doing well in the crisis, this is not how you respond as a leader. You also don't grab people's hands and force them to shake it, then not acknowledge the person, walk off and have someone else hold them back. The memes about the empathy consultant are making sense. It's quite disturbing.

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
We can't afford to wait till the next election. It's time for reasonable people who are not purely into self intest to become extremists and get rid of the flog now.
As Stephen Hawking said "pollution coupled with human greed and stupidity are still the biggest threats to humankind."
Morrison, Trump, Johnston...... All in power. Voted for by people who have been fooled into thinking they represent them or voted for by people too greedy to give a fuck about anyone else.

Last edited:

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
He's not doing well in the crisis, this is not how you respond as a leader. You also don't grab people's hands and force them to shake it, then not acknowledge the person, walk off and have someone else hold them back. The memes about the empathy consultant are making sense. It's quite disturbing.

That walk off will be the end of his career as PM I reckon.
One of my favourite quotes:

"The true measure of a man is not where he sits during times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and hardship."

Right there, when he got out of that air conditioned BMW, it was his time to face the music. To look regular people in the eye. People in their dire hour of need. No pre-prepared speech. No Rupert to add positive spin. No stoogy ideologues to do his dirty work for him.
And he failed so miserably.
He couldn't get out of there fast enough.
If he had even a gram of character he would have stood and listened. He would have absorbed the heckling and the animosity because it was the least he could do.

He is a shit stain of the highest order.

And I'm sorry, I know 99% of my fellow Australians are fundamentally good people, but if you voted for him you owe the rest of us an apology. It's the least you can do.

FigBo0T

And I'm sorry, I know 99% of my fellow Australians are fundamentally good people, but if you voted for him you owe the rest of us an apology. It's the least you can do.
Good luck with that. The last thing Australia needs is for people to start carrying on like Americans. Chaos, and hatred for your fellow citizens, creates the perfect environment for conservatism to flourish. Look at the election results globally in the last 2 years.
Keep up those nice thoughts.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Good luck with that. The last thing Australia needs is for people to start carrying on like Americans. Chaos, and hatred for your fellow citizens, creates the perfect environment for conservatism to flourish. Look at the election results globally in the last 2 years.
Keep up those nice thoughts.
You voted for Scotty didn't you?
It's OK, we're all friends here. You can tell us mate. We won't judge.
We all make mistakes. It's OK.
Everyone has something they're not proud of.
Christ, I've made so many mistakes I wonder how I'm still alive.
I once voted for J. Howard. There I said it. Wow, I feel lighter, less guilty.
And I ride a 29er. Regulary.
(and I like it )

FigBo0T

You voted for Scotty didn't you?
It's OK, we're all friends here. You can tell us mate. We won't judge.
We all make mistakes. It's OK.
Everyone has something they're not proud of.
Christ, I've made so many mistakes I wonder how I'm still alive.
I once voted for J. Howard. There I said it. Wow, I feel lighter, less guilty.
And I ride a 29er. Regulary.
(and I like it )
Sorry to burn your strawman. Again .....
I vote independent. I'd never dream of voting for anyone who represents any of the major parties. Are you seeing the flaws in your conviction yet?