The election thread - Will the new PM last a full term - who will you futilely vote for?

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Labor

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • Nationals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greens

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Independant

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The Reason Party

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • One Nation

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Albo is a bit like Kim Beazley - decent human being but not really charismatic enough to be a leader. That said, if Scummo is still PM at the next election I'm not sure that any amount of scare campaigning by the LNP, Palmer or whoever else crawls out of the woodwork will stop a change of government.

As the old saying goes: governments lose elections; oppositions never win them - which in itself is problematic. The opposition could be a ragtag bunch of inbred six-toed hillbillys that couldn't organise a piss-up at a brewery, but because the government is on the nose the voters boot them out anyway (welcome to Queensland).

I say we compile all the good ideas from @Nerf Herder's dictator for a day thread, formulate some sound policy guff around them, start the ironically monikered Rotorburners Party (Farkin Party might be better) and give Australia a real choice for the better in 2022. There's probably already representatives in most electorates, distinct green tinge to policies... got to have legs. Any nominations for ministries - @Haakon for Families and Social Services? @hifiandmtb for Energy and Emissions Reduction? Which tradie wants Industrial Relations?
I already voted for Johnny on here back in 2006? First vote of my life. Whoever handles Dan Andrews Facebook does an outstanding job. They need a payrise.

Last edited:

nathanm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone elses sporting club, in a marginal seat, get a grant.

my soccer club did to build club rooms and change rooms etc.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I know national honors are a bit of a farce much of the time (I know numerous people who get the shits about their titles and one of them is a knight).

But, Bettina fucking Arndt?

I fucking hate the culture wars, it makes idiots out of everyone who fights them.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
What's wrong is Peter's department was found to have been sitting on a report that detailed a plan to make a Australia resilient to the impacts of CC, during the bushfire crisis.

They needed a distraction. Note that the announcement to investigate Pascoe came out on the same to day as AFR broke the news about HA sitting on the report.

pink poodle

Our man in Japan
I know national honors are a bit of a farce much of the time (I know numerous people who get the shits about their titles and one of them is a knight).

I fucking hate the culture wars, it makes idiots out of everyone who fights them.

It seems a bit strange. Does she clap hands with scomo?

Haakon

veni, vidi, volanti

She is a particularly nasty piece of work... IPA member no doubt.

Surprised they didn’t give Pell an award for services to child welfare...

Daniel Hale

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Haakon

veni, vidi, volanti
I was chatting to someone at stromlo the day after that fateful fuckup in May, and he said he’d voted on local issues (wtf, it’s a national election you blinkered idiot...) and the spending in his backyard to local LNP guy had rolled out. Ffs.

he also added the “at least we avoided shorten” line as well, and looked perplexed when I suggested we don’t vote for a leader we vote for a party - it’s not the US. Fuck people are easily led...