The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
"I wish they had approached my position as they approached Gladys. I would probably be in a different position if they had, but good luck to her."

- Quote from old mate Barnaby Joyce, just in case we'd forgotten how much of a complete **** he is.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Well, Tim #DonutDick Smith isn't going to be making many noises for a while. I guess it's all up to #FrydoTheMurdochDog to pour shit on the Vic Labor Government (for the economy that the LNP fucked up, including doubling the national debt BEFORE corona) while #ScrotuMo somehow manages to choke out a few positive words in the Federal Sandpit. ;)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Hmmmmmmmmmmm......... https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ollowing-anonymous-attack-over-office-culture

So whaddawe reckon about Albo? Do you think he has the legs to take on ScoMo at the next Federal Election? Why?
Nope. While I think his values are fairly centrist (ie: still not willing enough to push hard on environmental issues), he has all the public presence of a wet newspaper. Sadly in the current world's media-won election campaigns - a clear, confident speaker is mandatory and he just doesn't tick that box for me. You hear ScoMo speak and (I'm well aware he's full of shit and 99% of the time just promising something that'll never be delivered, but...) he sounds like he's doing something and will deliver results.

I still maintain that the vast majority of people get their "news" from clickbait headlines on their facebook feed, so you've got to have a better (more considered) speaker as opposition leader or the Murdoch/right wing media just tears them apart with misinformation, or makes them look indecisive or weak.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Albo was only good at being the alternative opposition leader. He has been pretty woeful at being the alternative PM since taking over as opposition leader. He seems like a good bloke so is probably not suited to the path required to get the top job.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Nope. While I think his values are fairly centrist (ie: still not willing enough to push hard on environmental issues), he has all the public presence of a wet newspaper. Sadly in the current world's media-won election campaigns - a clear, confident speaker is mandatory and he just doesn't tick that box for me. You hear ScoMo speak and (I'm well aware he's full of shit and 99% of the time just promising something that'll never be delivered, but...) he sounds like he's doing something and will deliver results.

I still maintain that the vast majority of people get their "news" from clickbait headlines on their facebook feed, so you've got to have a better (more considered) speaker as opposition leader or the Murdoch/right wing media just tears them apart with misinformation, or makes them look indecisive or weak.

You think? Whenever I hear ScoMo speaking he sounds like he is back in Macca's about to shit himself. He stumbles on words and has a bit of a nervous stutter as well as rambling on. I really don't hear a confident speaker when I hear him.