The election thread - Will the new PM last a full term - who will you futilely vote for?

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • Labor

Votes: 31 41.3%
  • Nationals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greens

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Independant

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • The Reason Party

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • One Nation

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

pink poodle

Our man isn't in the West
It is unfortunate that these victims thought they would be supported through the internal mechanisms of their political party/employer rather than having the police immediately investigate the situation. From the reports floating around it sounds a lot like a party first boys club has been put ahead of the welfare of people working within and justice.

Flow-Rider

Wheel size expert
It is unfortunate that these victims thought they would be supported through the internal mechanisms of their political party/employer rather than having the police immediately investigate the situation. From the reports floating around it sounds a lot like a party first boys club has been put ahead of the welfare of people working within and justice.
Typical big corporate club aye ?

Flow-Rider

Wheel size expert
I found the same dynamics at play even when the CEO was a lady, the thought came across my mind to ask her one day if she were brought up in a cult environment, but my time was short in the company and I kept well away from the Christmas parties and boat cruises.

Halo1

Likes Dirt
Annnddddd number 3 has just come forward - This looks like its going to a massive #metoo event as well - Toxic culture being confronted can ony bring good I hope.
It was already a well known toxic culture, politicians, journalists and staffers all included. It is now a trial by media and question time so it will be messy. I hope this does not get it he way of the police and court process. There is a huge security breach in there too that no one is really talking about.

Minlak

would blow a manky old hobo for $20
It was already a well known toxic culture, politicians, journalists and staffers all included. It is now a trial by media and question time so it will be messy. I hope this does not get it he way of the police and court process. There is a huge security breach in there too that no one is really talking about.
It really is similar to the Harvey Weinstein thing to me - Like an open secret that went on for years until people said enough or Bill Crosby etc - Hard thing to be the first person brave enough to stand up.

Minlak

would blow a manky old hobo for $20
It's hard to imagine that these sorts of things go one without many people knowing about it.
The most interesting part of this for me is the number of people saying they didn't know or it was never discussed or they were never informed - and bam! here is the email or the text or other communication saying your lying now too. I am sure the real statement is "I never gave it any importance as it wasn't effecting me so I just glanced and moved on"

pink poodle

Our man isn't in the West
It really is similar to the Harvey Weinstein thing to me - Like an open secret that went on for years until people said enough or Bill Crosby etc - Hard thing to be the first person brave enough to stand up.
I don't view this as an open secret in that way. I see it more as a deliberate cover up, perhaps a conspiracy after the fact even. The good reputation of the party/company/organisation/club becomes more important than the welfare of the victim/s and any potential future victims.

If this was a murder case where so many people had been involved in hiding the facts the charges brought against them would be very severe. The same concept of responsibility should be applied here.