The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

"The reason someone in Brittany’s position is likely to have not named him is because of the threat of defamation proceedings which is a common threat for criminals to use in situations like this. Brittany would have been aware that Bruce Lehrmann’s name would become public as soon as she did the interview. whether she named him or not.
Another person said he should not be named because if it goes to court his barrister might argue he won’t get a fair trial. Some people on social media watch too much TV. People are named and accused of crimes in the media every day and some are very high profile so their barristers could also argue they will not get a fair trial, but it is an argument that fails. If that argument worked then the numerous high-profile people charged over the last few years with various crimes would never have faced court."

Norco Maniac

Is back!

"The reason someone in Brittany’s position is likely to have not named him is because of the threat of defamation proceedings which is a common threat for criminals to use in situations like this. Brittany would have been aware that Bruce Lehrmann’s name would become public as soon as she did the interview. whether she named him or not.
Another person said he should not be named because if it goes to court his barrister might argue he won’t get a fair trial. Some people on social media watch too much TV. People are named and accused of crimes in the media every day and some are very high profile so their barristers could also argue they will not get a fair trial, but it is an argument that fails. If that argument worked then the numerous high-profile people charged over the last few years with various crimes would never have faced court."

I'd like to know who is implicated in the 1988 rape/sodomy that's just crossed the PM's desk.the initials C.P and A.T have been bandied about, but given my personal experience with rapey and violent Pentacostals, i wouldn't put it past the Great White Shart who paraded his family on Bronte Beach today.

Attachments

Flow-Rider

Burner

link1896

Mr Greenfield
In retrospect, this paints an even worse picture of matters

JFC, if someone said these things 24 years ago in this setting as claimed, they are still thinking this way.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
In retrospect, this paints an even worse picture of matters

JFC, if someone said these things 24 years ago in this setting as claimed, they are still thinking this way.

The more i read up, the more my money is on Porter.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Money is on Porter too. The past behaviour on record all the way back to the time the incident allegedly occurred is isn't complimentary, as is Turnbull sticking the knife in - Turnbull formally chastised Porter on his behaviour towards young women on at least one occasion.

It's a very sad and messy situation. The release of the letter is pretty much a tacit admission that nothing will be resolved via the criminal justice system, but if they want trial by public opinion the alleged perpetrator better be guilty.

Last edited:

Norco Maniac

Is back!