The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Haakon

Keeps on digging
OK, any time that the #LNPshitstains introduce a bill into parliament, I am suspicious until proven otherwise, but what are the pros and cons of having to produce ID to vote in an election. It seems fair enough. how many people would actually be disenfranchised by this?

if it's purely an "honesty system" like currently, dishonest people could potentially vote multiple times. Crossing off a name on a paper list doesn't seem like a great safeguard to me.
The issue is that there have not been any demonstrated problems with the current system, but there are demonstrated problems with this proposal.

Its all the same issue as in the US - it will reduce participation (make your own assessments about the demographics it effects most and how they tend to vote...) to solve a problem that doesn't demonstrably exist.

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I'm so over Scomo and his credit-for-everything-responsibility-for-nothing bullshit I think I'd take Dutton over him for PM. And no I can't believe I'm saying that either, but Scomo has been pathetic as a PM. Absolutely fucking pathetic.

Coalition might be good at winning (Federal) elections, but they're proving they're absolutely hopeless at Governing.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Case in point: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10...ted-tennis-players-andrews-morrison/100571898

Why did ScoMo contradict his own Immigration Minister? Why would he even humour a stance that would not pass a pub test anywhere. Even anti-vaxxers would be pissed about it. FFS he's a munted flog.
Totally agree on Scomo, I literally cannot watch or listen to him at all, I must change the channel, turn off whatever is playing I just cannot bear to listen to his crap. Having said this I would wager that potato head would be worse.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

ForkinGreat

Last edited:

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
VIC state politics...
Tim Smith, member for Kew - #Donutdick himself - was sprung for drunk driving after crashing his car at double the legal limit.
Resigned. Good riddance to an insane pile of shit masquerading as a human. :)

View attachment 382384

#Irony

View attachment 382385
Unfo he resigned from shadow cabinet...not parliament.

ForkinGreat

Unfo he resigned from shadow cabinet...not parliament.
In 2018, an upperhouse LNPshitstain MP - Simon Ramsay - was charged with drink driving - in july 2018, and resigned from parliament in July, 2018.

from the wikipedia page of Simon Ramsay.:
In July 2018, Ramsay was charged with drink driving when police recorded a blood alcohol reading of 0.191 per cent, which is nearly four times the legal limit in Victoria, after pulling his car over in Barwon Heads. Police pulled him over after his car was seen driving on the wrong side of the road. He resigned as an assistant shadow minister, and party leader Matthew Guy asked him to "consider his future in parliament".[8]

Ramsay announced his retirement from politics in July 2018 following his arrest for drink driving.[9]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon...ite_note-Simon_Ramsay_retires_from_politics-9