The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
2. Best of luck getting over it.
There's nothing to get over. But when a moderator feels the need to resort to personal abuse to win an argument it says a lot about how weak they really are. And it's a sad day for the forum as a whole.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Ah for fuck sake, would everyone stop being such fucking drama queens in here?

Bris, if you think it's bad form to abuse then why do you do it yourself? You've just completely undermined your whole complaint of me by doing the same thing but worse.

Seriously, can we all, including myself, stop being such a bunch of thin skinned little princesses?!!

Unbelievable.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Ah for fuck sake, would everyone stop being such fucking drama queens in here?

Bris, if you think it's bad form to abuse then why do you do it yourself? You've just completely undermined your whole complaint of me by doing the same thing but worse.
No, I'm using it to prove a point. It is NOT a 'fact' that anyone is an idiot, or a cunt - that's my point.

The message that you are promoting (and that SC clearly agrees with) as a moderator of this forum, is that it's ok to resort to personal abuse and name calling in an argument, to say nothing of using derogatory and racist terms.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
No, I'm using it to prove a point. It is NOT a 'fact' that anyone is an idiot, or a cunt - that's my point.

The message that you are promoting (and that SC clearly agrees with) as a moderator of this forum, is that it's ok to resort to personal abuse and name calling in an argument, to say nothing of using derogatory and racist terms.
Oh right, and if I hadn't have called you an idiot no one else on this forum would never say anything rude too each other. Are you drunk?! You are totally deluded if you think me calling some an idiot has any real impact on how they act on this forum. I'm being serious mate, get over it. Me acting like an unsoiled angel in every post I make is going to have dick all impact on how 99% of other people conduct themselves.

And in terms of abuse it was about as mild as abuse could ever get. You completely over stepped the line in "proving a point" as you tried to rationalize your behavior. So you literally have zero credibility to argue this point.

Last edited:

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Bloody hell, how low are you?

Gutter trash talk. You've shown your true colours. Have lots of fun down there.
Oh, but personally abusing someone in response to reasoned argument, and then repeating and reinforcing that is fine? Not a fan when the shoe is on the other foot eh?

Oh right, and if I hadn't have called you an idiot no one else on this forum would never say anything rude too each other. Are you drunk?! You are totally deluded if you think me calling some an idiot has any real impact on how they act on this forum. I'm being serious mate, get over it. Me acting like an unsoiled angel in every post I make is going to have dick all impact on how 99% of other people conduct themselves.

And in terms of abuse it was about as mild as abuse could ever get. You completely over stepped the line in "proving a point" as you tried to rationalize your behavior. So you literally have zero credibility to argue this point.
It wasn't just calling someone an idiot as a one off. You repeatedly resorted to personal abuse in the course of ongoing discussion. As I said, it's poor form for a moderator of this forum - you are supposed to be preventing that sort of thing.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
It wasn't just calling someone an idiot as a one off. You repeatedly resorted to personal abuse in the course of ongoing discussion. As I said, it's poor form for a moderator of this forum - you are supposed to be preventing that sort of thing.
Well, let me finish off in saying that this place is not a church or kindergarten. We are happy to accept a little bit of shit here and there, calling some one an idiot is about as little as it gets too. We have never wanted or intended this place to be squeaky clean and in case you haven't noticed we are not very strict in enforcing overly high standards of moral hygiene here. We have NEVER jumped on all and every little disagreement as your trying your best to make out. So basically, if you can't get over that maybe Internet forums aren't for you.

scblack

Leucocholic
.........need to resort to personal abuse to win an argument it says a lot about how weak they really are.
Your argument.

You stepped up the abuse by a factor of 10.

You just showed to us that you really are that weak. You really did lose ANY credibility you had by confirming that weakness.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think bristleyvegas raises a valid point. Noe of us do very well with being wrong and even worse at running out of arguments when an advesarry still has plenty. I hate it. Much like the video of KP posted the other day. The only valid argument he raised was about tax minimisation. Everything else was self interested guff.

Speaking of self interested guff...just read the Gina the article from Matty. Wow. I can't believe the kind of garbage she expellsgets printed. That flipping left biased ABCreally has to go! They are obviously holding back the economy.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can't believe the kind of garbage she expellsgets printed. That flipping left biased ABCreally has to go! They are obviously holding back the economy.
That's one of my gripes as well - I can't believe the shit she says gets printed.

I genuinely don't understand how someone who is so switched on in business can be so lacking in social understanding. Surely there's a point of success in business that you can't exceed without having a fairly good measure of social issues and expectations? Seriously, if someone could explain it to me that'd be great.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Ha, I hadn't run out of argument, I genuinely thought the response I got was idiotic! Honestly, I did. Also want to point out that I did not make any other personal attack than calling al an idiot, as has been claimed and al and I very quickly made peace as well.

Good times.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
That's one of my gripes as well - I can't believe the shit she says gets printed.

I genuinely don't understand how someone who is so switched on in business can be so lacking in social understanding. Surely there's a point of success in business that you can't exceed without having a fairly good measure of social issues and expectations? Seriously, if someone could explain it to me that'd be great.
I think as well as inheriting billions she also inherited the staff and advisors who helped make those billions.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Except...that she inherited the wealth. In which case analysing her with the basis of a normal human is irrelevant. A fuedal context is the only way to understand it. She is rich by right and with that comes rights...etc. the class sytstem of Europe's fuedal last is not exactly dead. Nor is it the same as the class system of Marx et al. And fuck im glad it isn't like the cast system (which I can't spell).

Just remember she recently wanted to buy a big chunk of Fairfax. But was outraged she wouldn't be allowed to publish her own genius.it is people like this who have their hands up tony Abbott's bung hole working him like a puppet.