The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Flow-Rider

Burner
A good mate of mine has done some in-depth purchasing research into most battery manufacturers & finding the actual truth about their product is bloody difficult.

Much of their headline performance figures are "ideal conditions", and many, many installations don't operate well in hot conditions! But this is Straya, where you a/c your battery room(?).
Bit like cars. They can last 20 years, but you're lucky to get a 5 year warranty and even that's full of fine print...

It's almost like they're expected to naturally deteriorate with age and use at rates out of the control of the manufacturer ;)
Yes, extreme heat or rapid temperature changes is the enemy of a battery. It would work against the saving if you were to run aircon 24/7 for batteries especially on the smaller units. I've used lots of full electric elevated work platforms and scissor lifts over the years and seen gel paste and wet batteries fail on fairly new machines. Don't know if any of you guys have ever walked into a battery charging room, they produce quite a fair bit of heat.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I know this thread is meant to be about Australian Politics, but has anyone been following the shenanigans of UKIP? Their rise and almost immediate tailspin has gone from mildly unsettling to rather amusing. If One Nation is too disciplined, pragmatic and its potential leaders aren't getting into enough punch ups for your emotional needs then this might be the party for you!

Moar here: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-...e-party-after-brexit/7911644?section=analysis

I await their Night of the Long Knives reenactment....

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I know this thread is meant to be about Australian Politics, but has anyone been following the shenanigans of UKIP? Their rise and almost immediate tailspin has gone from mildly unsettling to rather amusing. If One Nation is too disciplined, pragmatic and its potential leaders aren't getting into enough punch ups for your emotional needs then this might be the party for you!

Moar here: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-...e-party-after-brexit/7911644?section=analysis

I await their Night of the Long Knives reenactment....
Unfortunately the Conservative Party have stepped into the vacuum and pushed to the far right. They are currently talking about making employers put all their foreign-born workers on a national register. Seems all a bit 1930's Germany if you ask me

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Unfortunately the Conservative Party have stepped into the vacuum and pushed to the far right. They are currently talking about making employers put all their foreign-born workers on a national register. Seems all a bit 1930's Germany if you ask me
Yeah, and they seem to be the only major Party in the UK that's still functioning, unless the Liberal Democrats can get some fresh air from UK Labour's squabbles and emerge from their near-death experience at the General Election a year ago as a viable left field (but not Corbyn left - appears unappealing to many) candidate.

The whole of Europe (actually the whole bloody world) is ramping up its ultra-nationalist rhetoric and policies as the effects of globalisation, economic uncertainty and climate change bite into the perceived security and sovereignty of many. If history is any guide we'll probably be enjoying a fairly substantial war in the not too distant future.

John U

MTB Precision
Looks like the hate from the mainstream media overpowered the developer donations from those penciled in for buying former greyhound tracks.

Yay for democracy.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Check out what the US postal ballot paper looks like in Montana:

Each county/state different. You get to vote for everybody!

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like this Day is over.

Did he walk before he was pushed? Was he white-anted from within? Hard to see how a housing group can't turn a profit in the Australia's greatest housing boom.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Looks like this Day is over.

Did he walk before he was pushed? Was he white-anted from within? Hard to see how a housing group can't turn a profit in the Australia's greatest housing boom.
Oh mystical man of tea leaves...what's clouded visions are you sharing?