The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Haakon

Keeps on digging
This. It’s a unique blend of Machiavellianism, narcissism and balls bigger then Shaq’s coupled with above average IQ.
In other words someone you can trust to look out for the little man and craft good socially responsible policies.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-22/adani-approvals-removal-environment-department/11138140

So you can see why Labor hasn’t been too popular in Qld of late. The state govt. says “the DES won’t be rushed” and now it’s “bzzzt took too long, someone else will decide now” with token outrage from the tuckshop mum for added effect. They couldn’t run a bath, and the fact that they are in government speaks volumes for the talent in opposition.

Whilst I sympathise with Adani for the drawn out process, the project should never have been approved to start with. Makes you wonder if dragging the approval out over a general election was all part of a play. Qld Labor knows it stinks but they want the jobs, so let the approval ride on the “overwhelming support” shown for the project in the election result.

Flow-Rider

Burner
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-22/adani-approvals-removal-environment-department/11138140

So you can see why Labor hasn’t been too popular in Qld of late. The state govt. says “the DES won’t be rushed” and now it’s “bzzzt took too long, someone else will decide now” with token outrage from the tuckshop mum for added effect. They couldn’t run a bath, and the fact that they are in government speaks volumes for the talent in opposition.

Whilst I sympathise with Adani for the drawn out process, the project should never have been approved to start with. Makes you wonder if dragging the approval out over a general election was all part of a play. Qld Labor knows it stinks but they want the jobs, so let the approval ride on the “overwhelming support” shown for the project in the election result.
It's her true form. Don't we have a great bunch of true pricks up here, Ipswich and Logan councils both thrown out on corruption charges.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I guess I’m wrong... The media wasn’t behind it, it was the wise choices of the people. I know this is true because the murdoch media says so (disclaimer - I couldn’t watch much of this...) I

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Clive wanted a safe seat here and a road to leader with the lnp. That was denied him and he took his bat and ball and skulked away. Look at his changed stance on the Chinese. I was at a lunch where he was guest speaker. It was an hour of how wonderful the Chinese are and how fabulous his childhood was. Then Rupert's wife was a spy for the triad and on and on. They refused his claims, they wanted tbeir money back, they own the universe. Some of that was targeted against whoever he could. Clive would do much better if he honoured his agreement to pick up the taab for QNI worker's entitlements as I understand was in the purchase deal for the place. Address his outstanding writs. Then maybe people will take him a little more seriosuly.
Not clear on what your central point is in the paragraph but I agree that all that happened and with your final point about what Clive should do. As Link has said down the page, Clive is Machiavellian in his approach and will do whatever benefits Clive. He's Trumpian in the way that he will lash out at you one day then support you the next, if that suits his purposes. I watched the shitfight he had with CITIC and the vitriol that he spewed at them. I also would expect him to get straight back into bed with them tomorrow if he thought he could benefit and he'd spin away the fact that he called them cunts previously.

In regards to evidence of what his aims and motives where, you're never going to get that 100%. But this is not the hard sciences or law, this is humanity and you work with the info you can collect and patterns you can determine. Question your assumptions, adjust for biases and what you have left is what you go with. For me, I see a pattern in Clive's behaviour, I see a clear reason for him to continue with that trend and I see some evidence here and there to support my theory. Everything is coming up duck for me.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Just commenting on what has happened, not really making a point. Clive annoys me.

There are several proposed mines sitting and waiting on adani approvals. One has pulled the pin but others are playing the waiting game.

There wont be a new coal fired station for FNQ and nowhere else either. The opportunity for some good investment in pump storage is wasting away.

Without an energy policy investment is stifled. The new Federal govt needs to sort that out.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I think it's misguided the way people on here ascribe reasons for voting or reasons for a particular party winning the election. Labor ran a shitful campaign, nobody - including inside the ALP machinery - likes or trusts Shorten, people are sick to death of the bullshit you see from militant unions, not all unions are militant, people got sucked into the very 2008-esque hip pocket campaign ran by the LNP, people truly believe that the LNP are better custodians of the economy, some people are single-issue voters, some vote on principles or values, some vote on familiy loyalties, some vote for local issues some vote on federal issues.

The complexity within the beter part of 20 million people voting is mind boggling. To try and put it down to a narrow range of reasons, as to why your side won or your side lost probably says more about one's own biases than anything else.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Just commenting on what has happened, not really making a point. Clive annoys me.

There are several proposed mines sitting and waiting on adani approvals. One has pulled the pin but others are playing the waiting game.

There wont be a new coal fired station for FNQ and nowhere else either. The opportunity for some good investment in pump storage is wasting away.
I can't stand the prick, becuase I reckon he'd screw anyone for his own benefit. I do respect his cunning though.

Yeah, interesting that the Chinese pulled out, not sure what was actually behind that yet.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have met Clive a few times st social events. The first was a fund raiser for a well liked local who was very visible in thecarea but who had a bad accident and a dinner was held at a well known Chinese restaurant on the south side. All proceeds going to help with making his house wheelchair friendly. Local MP (Minister in the State govt) was speaking. Clive wasnt an invitee. He was in town and this was his favourite restaurant. To get a seat at an extra table for him and his party he matched $ for $ the funds raised and paid for the table. He also spoke and overshadowed the minister who was talking about disabilities and funding etc. Clive talked about Clive. That is the measure of the man. He is wealthy and spends whatever to get what Clive wants. That dinner set him back around $35k. Maybe more.

I talked to him that evening and my thoughts were he needs someone in the background to tap him on the shoulder and say Clive, that's shit. But I know he wouldn't listen. He has gotten worse with increased public presence and his time as an MP has really accelerated that.

WRT the mine I have no idea. Money wasnt an issue so maybe the delays and timing.