The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
As to the AFP not operating in a vacuum: https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...ed-annika-smethurst-leak-20190608-p51vrs.html

"Labor demanded an investigation into the leaking of "highly classified national security information" to the journalist whose home was this week raided by the Australian Federal Police "

" the secretary of the Department of Defence referred the leak to the Australian Federal Police."
As I understand it, Drefyfus was seeking an LNP investigation into leaks within and by LNP members - ie it wasn’t a legal request aimed at the media, but at the political internal workings of the LNP.

Although I can imagine the LNP shifting that heat onto the media via the AFP...

Scotty T

Walks the walk
We have quite the anti tax culture in Australia even among unexpected people like those with union backgrounds.

If you can make people believe less tax will be collected you'll usually win. Especially like with the death tax where people who know it's only on above several million where it exists in the world either imagine how they'd feel if they had that much, or imagine a slippery slope where their much less than millions in assets when they die will end up being taxed 40%.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
As to the AFP not operating in a vacuum: https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...ed-annika-smethurst-leak-20190608-p51vrs.html

"Labor demanded an investigation into the leaking of "highly classified national security information" to the journalist whose home was this week raided by the Australian Federal Police "

" the secretary of the Department of Defence referred the leak to the Australian Federal Police."
Maybe I have misinterpreted the article, but it seemed to me like Dreyfuss was hoping to cause a stir within the Libs rather than crush the media. Agreeing with @Haakon feels so dirty.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
As I understand it, Drefyfus was seeking an LNP investigation into leaks within and by LNP members - ie it wasn’t a legal request aimed at the media, but at the political internal workings of the LNP.

Although I can imagine the LNP shifting that heat onto the media via the AFP...
Maybe so, my aim is more so to display that the AFP can and does get guided by politics and bureaucrats and that it doesn’t operate in a political vacuum.

This was just an example to illustrate this. Don’t mis the part about a dept head.

Haakon

Maybe so, my aim is more so to display that the AFP can and does get guided by politics and bureaucrats and that it doesn’t operate in a political vacuum.

This was just an example to illustrate this. Don’t mis the part about a dept head.
Any ses position is practically part political, more so the higher you go - it’s worse with a conservative government due to the APS having a target painted on it...

Haakon

Super noticeable shift in Fairfax since Packer bought them... It reads like the Australian lite now with a smear of heard sun.

So how many percent of media is that now now controlled by two best friends (owners...) of the liberal party...?

Haakon

Malcolm Roberts officially returned.

We need to do something about Queensland, they’re turning out to be somewhat problematic :( We really shouldn’t be letting the slow kids be involved in grown up decisions.

wavike

Likes Dirt
We export our electricity to you and get your geriatrics for winter months. I think you are the winners. But yes seems a lot of voters should not be not.be allowed to enroll. Personality or IQ test first.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I’ve seen someone take the betoota advocate seriously...... so it’s not just Queenslanders....... ( it was a tony abbott article - the hater wanted so much to believe the satire that they did......)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男