The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Pat on the back for taking one for the team then a golden handshake good enough to last through retirement?

wavike

Likes Dirt
ALP in favour of opening up the Galilee Basin. The stupidity is astounding. Are 1500 union jobs in mining more important than 60000 jobs on the reef and the future of the planet?
If it ain't going to happen in the next 3yr/election cycle then it doesn't matter (to our pollies)

Flow-Rider

Burner
ALP in favour of opening up the Galilee Basin. The stupidity is astounding. Are 1500 union jobs in mining more important than 60000 jobs on the reef and the future of the planet?
Mining brings in a lot a of money unfortunately, when the mining boom ended I had friends in Gladstone and Mackay that said most of the shops started to close down and made workers redundant, there was signs going up one day after the another and in the regional towns it was worse.

The truth behind it all is that it's just not the ALP alone and who ever would have taken the reins on from government would have pulled their pants down. Queensland itself has one of the highest unemployment rates of all the states in Australia and we're not far behind in population from other major states. If saving the planet is such an issue to people why on earth don't people change their life styles to reduce their impact on the planet ? Finger pointing is easy for anyone to do, governments just fold into money, always have and always will.

If you want to save the planet you need to give stuff up, it's not going to save itself.

John U

MTB Precision
Mining brings in a lot a of money unfortunately, when the mining boom ended I had friends in Gladstone and Mackay that said most of the shops started to close down and made workers redundant, there was signs going up one day after the another and in the regional towns it was worse.

The truth behind it all is that it's just not the ALP alone and who ever would have taken the reins on from government would have pulled their pants down. Queensland itself has one of the highest unemployment rates of all the states in Australia and we're not far behind in population from other major states. If saving the planet is such an issue to people why on earth don't people change their life styles to reduce their impact on the planet ? Finger pointing is easy for anyone to do, governments just fold into money, always have and always will.

If you want to save the planet you need to give stuff up, it's not going to save itself.
I give stuff up and I am prepared to pay more for things to have them made in an environmentally friendly way. The government needs to play its part. Industry needs to evolve. Some things shouldn’t be exploited just because they can be.
I also grew up in a country town. Went back there recently and a lot of shops have closed. I don’t see the government doing anything to make a change in that town, least of all approving something that will accelerate the ecological collapse of life on this planet.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I give stuff up and I am prepared to pay more for things to have them made in an environmentally friendly way. The government needs to play its part. Industry needs to evolve. Some things shouldn’t be exploited just because they can be.
I also grew up in a country town. Went back there recently and a lot of shops have closed. I don’t see the government doing anything to make a change in that town, least of all approving something that will accelerate the ecological collapse of life on this planet.

I agree government needs to do more but just about everything it's doing is going in the opposite direction.

There's a lot of creature comforts that we all take for granted that exist because we want the product, not because we need it to exist on the planet. Group everyone like sheep in capital cities and then move agriculture farms 100 of Kms away where the soil isn't as good or they have limited amount of water access and then you need to waste energy transporting the food back to the grouped sheep. A real smart country this is !! :D

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
There's a lot of creature comforts that we all take for granted that exist because we want the product, not because we need it to exist on the planet.
Not that simple.

The creature comfort industry also employs people & requires raw product to manufacture.

We need legislation to stop people making incorrect purchasing decisions. Legislation to mandate passive house standards. Only have maximum efficiency products available. Phase out FF use.

As long as cheap crap shit is available, people will buy it.

And don't get me started on cheap plane travel...

LPG

likes thicc birds
Not that simple.

The creature comfort industry also employs people & requires raw product to manufacture.

We need legislation to stop people making incorrect purchasing decisions. Legislation to mandate passive house standards. Only have maximum efficiency products available. Phase out FF use.

I agree. A price on emissions, recycling or disposing of used items etc needs to be implemented. Make the locally grown food competitive, make it too expensive to buy cheap stuff that doesn't last as you pay for the diaposal up front ( and when it does die the company you bought it from has already organised for its refurbishing, recycling or disposal). Make it more expensive to drive to work than take public transport. Have us pay the true cost of what we consume.

It doesn't mean we gave to be worse off financially. This can be all taxes that is offset by lower income tax levels. Instead of tax avoidance by dodgy accounting we can avoid taxes by doing the right thing by the environment. This shouldn't be so hard

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Oh I know! I too long for the days when plane travel was only available to a certain type of person. Any schmuck can board these days and it is just atrocious in cabin as a result.

Also cheap airfares to south America at the moment!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Not that simple.

It is that simple because nobody wants to accept responsibility and it's never their fault, people vote these governments in thinking it's never their fault. (It's the government's fault).