The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

LPG

likes thicc birds
The best bit of that article is that the hard-done by "red river gum" industry was compensated at the time to the tune of 100m. Whose interests exactly is this meant to serve?
Pretty sure we'll need to give them a gubberment grant so they can get started again...

slowmick

38-39"
I saw this posted on another site this morning - makes me sad that his is an elected official in this country. An embarrassment to us all.

David Attenborough - the shill for Big Nature.

John U

MTB Precision
Some forward notice on getting in with this as a class action would've been Great!

Does Roberts look like an angry midget jockey?
I've asked a couple of questions on this. Response I got was any voter from the area he was invalidly elected for can sue using the same case as the successful one mentioned above. Would love to see a couple of hundred thousand voters suing this dickhead and being paid $6,000 each, with the payouts being funded by Roberts and One Notion.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Not sure if this belongs here or it’s own thread or other more appropriate threads ?? Mods feel free to move if you like. Just let me know where.

What are people’s thoughts on Treaty ... Reconciliation ... Uluru Statement of the Heart.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/tre...g-of-indigenous-ambition-20190711-p52656.html

I’ve only just started trying to understand the USotH and more generally trying to understand First Nations point if view ... but my initial read of it is about self determinination ...
This in itself seems fine ... provided it is about unity and not separation.

As I type and acknowledging I have yet to do any meaningful research which may change my views ... I think the current aims are about self determination, land ownership transference, ability to raise income to fund their own programs ... ie self government... as opposed to integration, unity and reconciliation.