The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Who else saw that plonker on Q&A last night making excuses for not raising NewStart? If only there were ten Zali Steggals to take out ten more big party politicians.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Who else saw that plonker on Q&A last night making excuses for not raising NewStart? If only there were ten Zali Steggals to take out ten more big party politicians.
Was that the "we cant afford it, but how good is negative gearing and tax cuts" line?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Did anyone discuss this fucking scary cash limit proposal?

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parlia...BudgetReview201819/Blackeconomymeasureslimits

It's ultimately not to do with "black market" control, it better positions the government to introduce negative interest rates (decoupling cash from electronic forms of money):

https://www.imf.org/~/media/Files/Publications/WP/2018/wp18191.ashx

We only have until Monday to respond to this proposal!

P.S. Explain to me how such a proposal could be called a liberal approach?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Did anyone discuss this fucking scary cash limit proposal?

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parlia...BudgetReview201819/Blackeconomymeasureslimits

It's ultimately not to do with "black market" control, it better positions the government to introduce negative interest rates (decoupling cash from electronic forms of money):

https://www.imf.org/~/media/Files/Publications/WP/2018/wp18191.ashx

We only have until Monday to respond to this proposal!

P.S. Explain to me how such a proposal could be called a liberal approach?
Yeah this is sketchy AF... A crash is coming. ASX down 3 % last night on the back of China massively devaluing is currency as a middle finger to Trump... Bring on the housing market crash and the bankruptcy of everyone negatively geared :)

Liberal party in name only, only conservative party to have liberal in their name. Confuses a lot of americans :)

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
So this is to stop the population taking all of their money out of the bank and hiding it under the bed instead of paying to keep it in a bank?
And keeping it in the bank where it can be taken from you.

Harder to raid everyone's houses, easier to freeze bank accounts.

Shit may get real.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
And keeping it in the bank where it can be taken from you.

Harder to raid everyone's houses, easier to freeze bank accounts.

Shit may get real.
Still cant quite work out if I should try to flip my land before the crash while prices are decent or keep it out of cash.... Sigh. Will be a clusterfuck either way.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Did someone forget to take their medication this morning?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah this is sketchy AF... A crash is coming. ASX down 3 % last night on the back of China massively devaluing is currency as a middle finger to Trump... Bring on the housing market crash and the bankruptcy of everyone negatively geared :)

Liberal party in name only, only conservative party to have liberal in their name. Confuses a lot of americans :)
It did have significant growth just a few days ago, or so the media wants me to believe. It's probably just normalisation.

Still cant quite work out if I should try to flip my land before the crash while prices are decent or keep it out of cash.... Sigh. Will be a clusterfuck either way.
Always hold...people need houses, so build on it pronto. Then rent it out to paupers! Be a landed gentlemen for a bit. Also there is so much riding on market stabilisation around house/land/dildos/etc that there will be all sorts of foolish and unimaginable governement intervention to prevent a crash. This will create plenty of opportunity for people to capitalise and cash in. Why do you think the jaw government was offering to buy asbestos filled houses recently? It wasn't because they give a fuck.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am strong supporter of free speech but can see how trust will erode in the public service if it is criticizing itself from within with inside knowledge. I agree that the PS need to be apolitical. So your only choice if you want to speak out against the government is to leave the public service, which is a bad outcome for an individual, especially if they are not in major place of employment.
What the gov departments could now do with this decision is concerning if they go looking. I no longer have an opinion on anything...carry on