The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I know national honors are a bit of a farce much of the time (I know numerous people who get the shits about their titles and one of them is a knight).

But, Bettina fucking Arndt?

I fucking hate the culture wars, it makes idiots out of everyone who fights them.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
What's wrong is Peter's department was found to have been sitting on a report that detailed a plan to make a Australia resilient to the impacts of CC, during the bushfire crisis.

They needed a distraction. Note that the announcement to investigate Pascoe came out on the same to day as AFR broke the news about HA sitting on the report.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I know national honors are a bit of a farce much of the time (I know numerous people who get the shits about their titles and one of them is a knight).

I fucking hate the culture wars, it makes idiots out of everyone who fights them.

It seems a bit strange. Does she clap hands with scomo?

Haakon

Keeps on digging

She is a particularly nasty piece of work... IPA member no doubt.

Surprised they didn’t give Pell an award for services to child welfare...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Colour coded spreadsheet.

the local kyneton soccer club apparently had 86 points of need, got no funding - way above the 50 points of some of the liberal seat projects which got up, they were on the state abc radio last night saying it was appalling

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I was chatting to someone at stromlo the day after that fateful fuckup in May, and he said he’d voted on local issues (wtf, it’s a national election you blinkered idiot...) and the spending in his backyard to local LNP guy had rolled out. Ffs.

he also added the “at least we avoided shorten” line as well, and looked perplexed when I suggested we don’t vote for a leader we vote for a party - it’s not the US. Fuck people are easily led...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
he also added the “at least we avoided shorten” line as well, and looked perplexed when I suggested we don’t vote for a leader we vote for a party - it’s not the US. Fuck people are easily led...
You sound surprised.

Semi-relevant but I recently finished reading the book Targeted by the whistle blower at Cambridge Analytica. Breaks down the way that organisation used its invisible tentacles to (illegally) collect data then analyse, segment and minutiae-ly target every potentially receptive person they could in often really insidious ways. Your average apathetic, susceptible to scaremongering individual doesn't stand a chance.