The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Matt Canavan really shat the bed didn't he... Hopefully the flog falls off the political radar completely and takes up a job with one of the one of the mining behemoths stuffing his back pockets.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe Barnaby will resign now.
its not like Barnaby has ever lived in the real world, just in his own alternate reality. he only lost 11-10 from what I read and plans to keep being annoying until someone switches votes just to stop him whining the whole time. as for LNP, if people voted for them before nothing in the latest round of the shit show will loosen that rust. we're every bit as bad as America now.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
its not like Barnaby has ever lived in the real world, just in his own alternate reality. he only lost 11-10 from what I read and plans to keep being annoying until someone switches votes just to stop him whining the whole time. as for LNP, if people voted for them before nothing in the latest round of the shit show will loosen that rust. we're every bit as bad as America now.
The thing is that the people of the electorate of New England voted for him...and by some majority.

The punters in my Federal electorate...both this one and the last one voted for his colleagues. And their numbers increased substantially last time.

If you guys want to get rid of numbnuts like Barnaby and his mates then you really don't many options unless you can find regional Australia someone else to represent them who both actually represents them AND thinks the way you city folk do. And then get us to vote for them. Good luck with that.

It's pretty much why I've given little thought at all to my HoR vote for 20 years (apart from picking the rep that would most annoy the sitting National) and thought much more carefully about the Senate...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The thing is that the people of the electorate of New England voted for him...and by some majority.

The punters in my Federal electorate...both this one and the last one voted for his colleagues. And their numbers increased substantially last time.

If you guys want to get rid of numbnuts like Barnaby and his mates then you really don't many options unless you can find regional Australia someone else to represent them who both actually represents them AND thinks the way you city folk do. And then get us to vote for them. Good luck with that.

It's pretty much why I've given little thought at all to my HoR vote for 20 years (apart from picking the rep that would most annoy the sitting National) and thought much more carefully about the Senate...
Isn't Shooters and Fishers eating the Nats lunch.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

silentbutdeadly

Isn't Shooters and Fishers eating the Nats lunch.

Mostly at the State level... especially in NSW. My state electorate swapped out the National for the SFF dude and he's working flat out to keep it. Orange kept their SFF rep. But the rest stayed National.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Why not? We don't have the rights for equal levels of government funding, telecommunications access and access to healthcare. So reducing our capacity to vote to align with this seems about right...
I love hearing these cock eyed arguments.

Regional areas get huge subsidies in the form of postage stamp pricing. The more remote you are the higher the cost to provide basic services, e.g. it costs over $180,000 a year per person to provide electricity to remote WA townships. The cost drops as you get closer to the cbds of the major cities and population density increases, but serving a quarter acre block in a regional town is still orders of magnitude more expensive then an inner city aprtment. Of course the end user never sees the cross-subsidisation, but feel free to get a free ride and whinge anyway.

silentbutdeadly

I love hearing these cock eyed arguments.

Regional areas get huge subsidies in the form of postage stamp pricing. The more remote you are the higher the cost to provide basic services, e.g. it costs over $180,000 a year per person to provide electricity to remote WA townships. The cost drops as you get closer to the cbds of the major cities and population density increases, but serving a quarter acre block in a regional town is still orders of magnitude more expensive then an inner city aprtment. Of course the end user never sees the cross-subsidisation, but feel free to get a free ride and whinge anyway.

Oh no doubt...but imagine if no-one lived out here. And there was no agriculture or mining? That's not an inconsequential amount of GDP...and it can't happen if we aren't supported to be out here.

The thing that annoys in terms of service equity is that it wasn't always this way. My little town of 3000 plus people has rarely been larger and never smaller.

There are numerous people my age and younger still in town who were born in its hospital... nowadays, expecting mothers have to be driven two hours to give birth in Tamworth or Dubbo. I spoke to an older lady who'd had a double mastectomy in our hospital in the 80s...theatre is now closed and she'd be flown to Sydney for that sort of procedure. If you decently injure yourself out here or require any constant medical supervision...you are evacuated by rescue helicopter to Tamworth or Newcastle or perhaps even Dubbo...how is this cheaper and more equitable to everyone in the system than continuing to to supply services to the community in the community?

And if the Nationals are the only ones out here bleating about how they stick up for their constituents (no matter how successfully or otherwise) then is it any wonder that people vote for them despite their character & professional limitations?