The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that is an awesome graphic. so smooth.
Yup, looks pretty. Wish I could fully understand it.

The thing that puzzles me is why he chose to make the announcement at the time. This goes on constantly so why the sudden urgency? Maybe it’s just trending up, maybe there’s already been a serious breach.

slowmick

38-39"

The thing that puzzles me is why he chose to make the announcement at the time. This goes on constantly so why the sudden urgency? Maybe it’s just trending up, maybe there’s already been a serious breach.
Maybe we needed to be distracted from something else they needed to announce?

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn

Sharing this information at this time seems like it could be a nation-building exercise at the expense of China. In my mind, it would make it easier to reduce trade with China while saving face when it was 'they' who attacked 'us.'

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes perhaps. I would've thought there's quite a bit of anti China sentiment going around already.

He blew off joining the Eden-Monaro campaign trail to make the announcement apparently, so there must be something in it.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Yes perhaps. I would've thought there's quite a bit of anti China sentiment going around already.

He blew off joining the Eden-Monaro campaign trail to make the announcement apparently, so there must be something in it.
He might've secretly enjoyed not having to go back to the fire-ravaged areas and shake anyone's hand..

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
The Federal Budget. I shouldn't be disappointed. I should know better. But I had vague hopes after the Feds completely jettisoned their ideology in response to the pandemic that we'd get a more innovative, f*** the debt let’s think big Budget. Naïve much.

Instead high vis gets some monies, manufacturing gets (nowhere near enough) monies, the environment gets no monies (that one didn’t surprise me) all of us get tax cuts we won’t even notice and the chances of someone’s gran getting shunted into a an “aged care” home to provide fodder for another Royal Commission stays…. about the same.

Ugh.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I did chuckle at the betoota headline regarding transitioning old folks from home to pet food.

Truely a visionary government. What a time to be alive!