The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Almost laughable for sure, a lot of people don't even have a job and the rest have had their hours cut back, so I suppose it leaves the big hitters for a great Christmas bonus.
It's just such an empty flex though, even on $140k+ they'll get back maaaybe $2,500. Probably less. That's hardly going to make a dent in the repayments on their X5s.
Ughree. Over 34? Female? Soz.
"Why are these women with their ideas and trousers and jobs being so uppity about equality? Their place is in the kitchen."
- Senior Government Drone. Probably.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is Barilaro intent on blowing up his career or has it just been too long between news headlines mentioning his name.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Is Barilaro intent on blowing up his career or has it just been too long between news headlines mentioning his name.
It's a wonder the Libs don't just dissolve the coalition and run candidates in all seats. The Nats have been a total shitshow since Barnaby showed up.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I had an interesting call. Home phone rang and it was some guy extolling the virtues of the local LNP candidate in our forthcoming state election. Normally I tell them to fuck off and sometimes I have been known to be rude. Anyway I had some time and thought I would have some fun.

As he was talking about what the LNP will do (mostly about fearless leader and not the local candidate) I interrupted and said how about telling me where the LNP stand on a couple of issues that are of concern to me. OK...

What is the LNP position on hydrogen? Clearly the guy had no idea where I was going with this and started saying that the LNP had a policy for transition to renewables (really?) and hydrogen would be part of that transition. So I said no, aren't you concerned that hydrogen is the most common element in the universe and surely that isn't good, wouldn't it be better if it was chocolate or something useful? Pause. Silence and subject change. Then I interrupted again. What about the border closures? Ah a topic he could launch into and complain about new Anna and her keeping the state locked down. I said if the border was open @safreek would have come over and bought all the old heavy pos mountain bikes and taken them home to NSW and then after a week or so got bored again and come over and bought more, surely that was bad thing? More silence and then the call ended!!!!!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
ACT elections are weird - its basically a city council dressed up as a parliament. I dont even remember voting last time. Anyway, I will wander down to the local primary school and cast my vote. I think I’ll also be voting nearly all for women too @Scotty T going by the corflutes.

also: I need tomato stakes - are the corflutes fair game from this evening?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
ACT elections are weird - its basically a city council dressed up as a parliament. I dont even remember voting last time. Anyway, I will wander down to the local primary school and cast my vote. I think I’ll also be voting nearly all for women too @Scotty T going by the corflutes.

also: I need tomato stakes - are the corflutes fair game from this evening?
Not even a particularly big local government either... And yet has senators. Weird.

That Coe fella is an odious little twerp. Not as vile as Zed though.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Not even a particularly big local government either... And yet has senators. Weird.

That Coe fella is an odious little twerp. Not as vile as Zed though.
Coe did this really cringey stunt at my old boxing gym - something about smashing rates. Couldnt throw a punch to get out of a wet paper bag. So glad I left that gym if they are going to give him a platform...