The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
The axe has to drop! Surely she can't come back from this?
If she survives, it's solely due to her handling of the pandemic response (post Ruby Princess) and staring down / destroying that little fuck Barilaro.

Actually as a nation we do owe her some level of gratitude for the latter, provided he stays down.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If she survives, it's solely due to her handling of the pandemic response (post Ruby Princess) and staring down / destroying that little fuck Barilaro.

Actually as a nation we do owe her some level of gratitude for the latter, provided he stays down.
This far I've assumed she has no suitable rivals.

Flow-Rider

Burner
So I guess that war crimes business has been successfully swept under the rug?
Something like that would be a huge quagmire in court as a lot of the evidence was hear say, you can imagine people throwing other people under the bus to discredit what they say and to be vindictive.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I'd read part of the report too, the PDS is somewhere online. I don't think it's been forgotten about, it's just been kept out of the media to not influence judgement I would say. I don't really have enough knowledge to have an opinion on this type of stuff but allegations are just that and one side of the story until proven otherwise. I've sat on jury service a few times and 5 witnesses to a crime will give 5 different accounts of what happened.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Pete Evans announces political ambitions

Celebrity chef Pete Evans is planning to run for a federal NSW Senate position as part of the Great Australia party ticket.

Evans has been repeatedly accused of spreading dangerous and discredited conspiracy theories, including on topics like Covid-19, QAnon and 5G networks, as well as recently coming under fire for sharing a Facebook post using a symbol associated with the alt-right and neo-Nazis.
There have been murmurings of his political ambitions for a while now, but this morning it was confirmed.
Here is the statement from the Great Australia party:
Renowned Australian chef, restaurateur, author and television presenter, Pete Evans, has been approved to run as a NSW senate candidate for the Great Australian Party in the forthcoming federal election ... Pete Evans is fully supporting of the GAP ethos, supporting restoration of the Commonwealth and the preservation of democracy in Australia.
Pete Evans has maintained his principles and inspired others in the face of uncommon adversity.