The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Amy Remeikis really putting the boot into the Nats today.

I know there is a lot going on today, but I just need to take you back to the what the ‘party of positive contributions’ is focussing on.

Large sections of the country are still in drought.

Fishers, particularly cray fishers, are in mass distress after the China tariffs.

Farmers don’t have their usual labour supply to pick their crops.

People in areas ravaged by bushfires are still living in temporary sheds and having to make hour return trips to take a shower.

Climate change is happening and among the industries already suffering, is agriculture.

There is a pandemic, which has caused Australia to shut its borders to the world and is causing lockdowns, separating regional communities.

And the Nationals, have decided its “positive contribution” is to demand coal and nuclear be included in a clean energy finance fund.

This is the same party which receives about 13% of the national vote (including the LNP votes) - just above the Greens - and yet gets to dictate policy in this country every time one of them has a tantrum.

And their ‘leader’ just lets them do it.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

Flow-Rider

Burner
'It was very quick and very sudden': Liberal staffers reveal alleged sexual assaults

"One woman who worked for a federal minister said another parliamentary staffer pinned her down and ripped off her underpants during a sitting week in Canberra in 2015, while a former staffer to the NSW speaker said a fellow Liberal came to her house the same year and forced himself on her while masturbating."

"Both women say they raised the incidents with more senior party figures but were dismissed, and are now speaking publicly to make the case for a new robust, transparent and confidential internal party complaints process."

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It is unfortunate that these victims thought they would be supported through the internal mechanisms of their political party/employer rather than having the police immediately investigate the situation. From the reports floating around it sounds a lot like a party first boys club has been put ahead of the welfare of people working within and justice.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It is unfortunate that these victims thought they would be supported through the internal mechanisms of their political party/employer rather than having the police immediately investigate the situation. From the reports floating around it sounds a lot like a party first boys club has been put ahead of the welfare of people working within and justice.
Typical big corporate club aye ?

Flow-Rider

Burner
I found the same dynamics at play even when the CEO was a lady, the thought came across my mind to ask her one day if she were brought up in a cult environment, but my time was short in the company and I kept well away from the Christmas parties and boat cruises.