The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
They sold out and let girls in years ago!

There hasn't been a female pope for hundreds of years, and even then it may just be a myth they there ever was.
I thought there was more than one church? I drive past one regularly. Belongs to a bikie gang I believe.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Annnddddd number 3 has just come forward - This looks like its going to a massive #metoo event as well - Toxic culture being confronted can ony bring good I hope.
It was already a well known toxic culture, politicians, journalists and staffers all included. It is now a trial by media and question time so it will be messy. I hope this does not get it he way of the police and court process. There is a huge security breach in there too that no one is really talking about.

Minlak

custom titis
It was already a well known toxic culture, politicians, journalists and staffers all included. It is now a trial by media and question time so it will be messy. I hope this does not get it he way of the police and court process. There is a huge security breach in there too that no one is really talking about.
It really is similar to the Harvey Weinstein thing to me - Like an open secret that went on for years until people said enough or Bill Crosby etc - Hard thing to be the first person brave enough to stand up.

Minlak

custom titis
It's hard to imagine that these sorts of things go one without many people knowing about it.
The most interesting part of this for me is the number of people saying they didn't know or it was never discussed or they were never informed - and bam! here is the email or the text or other communication saying your lying now too. I am sure the real statement is "I never gave it any importance as it wasn't effecting me so I just glanced and moved on"

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It really is similar to the Harvey Weinstein thing to me - Like an open secret that went on for years until people said enough or Bill Crosby etc - Hard thing to be the first person brave enough to stand up.
I don't view this as an open secret in that way. I see it more as a deliberate cover up, perhaps a conspiracy after the fact even. The good reputation of the party/company/organisation/club becomes more important than the welfare of the victim/s and any potential future victims.

If this was a murder case where so many people had been involved in hiding the facts the charges brought against them would be very severe. The same concept of responsibility should be applied here.

Flow-Rider

Burner
There's a thing called 'duty of care' in a workplace and all the people involved that failed to act need to be taken to task over it. If one of the victims had taken their life from not receiving proper assistance from health professionals, where does it place these people ? It's also a form of psychological abuse to isolate people in a workplace.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Honestly with outrage culture what it is the hoo ha will have died down before any elections happen and will have little impact.

(phrasing is not meant to be flippant when I read it back not sure how else to put it)
I'm hoping at least one sitting member of parliament has to reading their seat with some expediency, bringing on a by-election. I don't trust the people to vote them out at the next election. Dutton still holds a seat for fuck's sake!