The Excuses Thread.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
The response from a fellow rider was "I think my gear cable is stretching and I don't know which way to turn the barrel"
Said 'fellow rider' observed a further excuse for his accuser's performance being chapped lips.

Further details were not requested.

LPG

likes thicc birds
I need a longer dropper and I'm riding a hardtail are my main excuses. Sometimes valid, always excuses.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I went for something like 15 years without a sicky and then in one year got belted with two flus, an inner ear fuckout, stiff neck, armageddon-strength hayfever, etc. etc.
C'mon johnny, don't be too hard on yourself. Most people in their 70's have a few health issues.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I need a longer dropper and I'm riding a hardtail are my main excuses. Sometimes valid, always excuses.
Lol, pretty sure I heard that one on the weekend as well, running concurrently with cable stretch and tight head angle.

Flow-Rider

Burner
A few of us are giving the local councillor a revving over a health hazard, I've had a few run ins with him in the past over getting footpaths mowed and developers doing illegal work practices and he usually tries to deflect everything onto other people.

"He has been working with the liberal council for months to get something done, when you are a labor ward they don't listen in town, the previous councillor did nothing except upset everyone"

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yeah, fair cop... In my defence, it hurts like a mofo and riding will make it worse.I did use the spare time wisely by working on the bikes though!!
Hahaha It's an excuse whether it's a legit one or not.

I don't seem to get any hip pain but all the older generation in my family have had to have hip replacements. I get a bit of pain in one of my knees when I climb a lot.