The fancy banshee

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Mondraker just wasn't doing it for me, then I saw a fb post by banshee NZ showing a Rune in a colour I'd never seen before. Bit of digging and missing link bikes had one ordered for me.

Turned out it was a limited edition colour that was yet to be officially released. Very limited apparently.

Win for me.

So, specs

Frame - Banshee Rune, medium olive and orange
Rear shock - Fox Factory Float X2
Front shock/fork - Fox Factory 36, boost in Shiny Orange
Handlebars - Joystick 8Bit alloy LT
Stem - Joystick Binary
Headset - nukeproof
Grips - ODI Elite
Saddle - Joystick Binary
Seatpost - X-fusion manic 150mm
Front brake - Formula Cura 4, Hope 203mm floating
Rear brake - same
Cranks - Raceface Aeffect 170mm
Chainguide - Oneup
Chain - KMC
Pedals - DMR Vault
Front derailleur - lol
Rear derailleur - SRAM XX1
Front shifter - lol
Rear shifter - SRAM XX1
Cassette - Sram GX 10-42
Front hub - e-thirteen TRS+
Rear hub - above
Front rim - same
Rear rim - again
Spokes - these too
Nipples - I have 2
Tyres - michelin wild enduro
Tubes - nope
Total weight 15 odd kegs.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What are your thoughts on the wild enduro's compared to the DHF?
And when do you get a prime?

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
What are your thoughts on the wild enduro's compared to the DHF?
And when do you get a prime?
Haven't used a DHF, the spitty uses a DHR2 up front and an SS out back. I prefer the michelin, seem to roll just as well but have grip for years.

I don't need a prime.....

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haven't used a DHF, the spitty uses a DHR2 up front and an SS out back. I prefer the michelin, seem to roll just as well but have grip for years.

I don't need a prime.....

Good to hear, I'm thinking of trying the Michelin out on the front with DHR2 rear. Any reason for the Gum-x over the magi-x?
The rune does look awesome in that colourway.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Good to hear, I'm thinking of trying the Michelin out on the front with DHR2 rear. Any reason for the Gum-x over the magi-x?
The rune does look awesome in that colourway.
Reviews said it was the go, better wear etc.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I don't need a prime.....but I shall get one as soon as possible anyway. In raw and red.

Fixed that for you. ;^)

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
So, I did a thing and pulled the Lyriks off it and looks like the DVO shock will go too.

Why? Well, some Fox 36 with orange lowers caught my eye. What better to match a 36 fork? An X2 shock.

Should look ok.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
So, I did a thing and pulled the Lyriks off it and looks like the DVO shock will go too.

Why? Well, some Fox 36 with orange lowers caught my eye. What better to match a 36 fork? An X2 shock.

Should look ok.

Which Fox36 rc2 or Grip 2?

I know I'm shooting myself in the foot by saying this but a Diamond is comfortably better than a Fox36 rc2.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Which Fox36 rc2 or Grip 2?

I know I'm shooting myself in the foot by saying this but a Diamond is comfortably better than a Fox36 rc2.

It's a 2018, the fancy version.

Diamond isn't going anywhere, and resides on my spitfire. Rune had a Lyrik RC.

If I could find a bloody Onyx SC for it, and not cry at the price, I would.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a 2018 fox 36 rc2 with the push acs3 coil kit in it and it is ridiculous. Best fork I have ever ridden by a long, long way.

I just pulled the evol air spring straight out and installed the push kit but it is supposed to be very, very good also.

Vorsprung are bringing out a coil conversion called the smashpot which is travel adjustable and interchangeable between different brands (just requires a different top cap).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I have a 2018 fox 36 rc2 with the push acs3 coil kit in it and it is ridiculous. Best fork I have ever ridden by a long, long way.

I just pulled the evol air spring straight out and installed the push kit but it is supposed to be very, very good also.

Vorsprung are bringing out a coil conversion called the smashpot which is travel adjustable and interchangeable between different brands (just requires a different top cap).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thread hijack!!

Where'd you get the Push ACS3 from? Did you fit it yourself?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Warp

Likes Dirt
Sweet ride. The colours really stand out without hurting one's eyes!

How do you find the MT7's?
I used to be a Magura fan (still have a soft spot for them) but got on Shimanos and I have had no reason to go back.
I'm not entirely sold on the composite levers after using MT6's. My favourite Magura brake were some Louise I used back in 2005-2008 give or take.
I love their rotors, though. Thick and run true most of the time.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Sweet ride. The colours really stand out without hurting one's eyes!

How do you find the MT7's?
I used to be a Magura fan (still have a soft spot for them) but got on Shimanos and I have had no reason to go back.
I'm not entirely sold on the composite levers after using MT6's. My favourite Magura brake were some Louise I used back in 2005-2008 give or take.
I love their rotors, though. Thick and run true most of the time.
These are the MT trails. Pretty much an MT5 front, MT5 rear and their new 1 finger lever.

You need to bed them in properly, and they take a few stops to come up each ride. But once that's done they're bloody brilliant. More modulation than sram, more power than XT.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
These are the MT trails. Pretty much an MT5 front, MT5 rear and their new 1 finger lever.

You need to bed them in properly, and they take a few stops to come up each ride. But once that's done they're bloody brilliant. More modulation than sram, more power than XT.

Ah but how do they compare to Zees. For me that is the all important $270 benchmark. For that kind of money nothing comes close.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Ah but how do they compare to Zees. For me that is the all important $270 benchmark. For that kind of money nothing comes close.

This is true. Have saint on the M9, rune will get Zee or saint or XT 4 pot soon and the magura will move to the phantom.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
What's it like having a Rune and a Spitfire? Do you find yourself reaching for one more than the other? What are they like compared to each other?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

My Formula Cura cost around $300 from ze Germans and they are better than Zee imo. Excellent power and modulation, run mineral oil as well. There is a Cura 4 available now but mine are 2 pot.