The fancy banshee

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
What's it like having a Rune and a Spitfire? Do you find yourself reaching for one more than the other? What are they like compared to each other?
It's good. Horses for courses really. If it's a day in the saddle on trails and climbing, spitty.

Day of just riding up for the downs, rune.

Day of flat killer stuff like Harcourt, phantom.
Thoughts on the Banshee after a month of ownership?
Which one?
My Formula Cura cost around $300 from ze Germans and they are better than Zee imo. Excellent power and modulation, run mineral oil as well. There is a Cura 4 available now but mine are 2 pot.
They're another option that I'm keen on, along with the TRP Quadiem.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
My Formula Cura cost around $300 from ze Germans and they are better than Zee imo. Excellent power and modulation, run mineral oil as well. There is a Cura 4 available now but mine are 2 pot.
The Cura 4 pot is $225 an end so its not really price competitive. The 2 pot is only a little more expensive and runs a much smaller pad, so I can't see how they can be as powerful. For a heavy guy like me, everything modulates just fine, what I need is power.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
The Cura 4 pot is $225 an end so its not really price competitive. The 2 pot is only a little more expensive and runs a much smaller pad, so I can't see how they can be as powerful. For a heavy guy like me, everything modulates just fine, what I need is power.

Depends where you look, cura 4 can be had for under 400 landed.

Oddjob

Depends where you look, cura 4 can be had for under 400 landed.

But that's Saint/XTR/E4/Quadiem money. Zees are a good $100 cheaper and don't give much away to the Saints with the same pads.

I'm not saying I wouldn't give the Curas a shot but I've already got a stockpile of TRP Slates/m640s/m785s/m985s/m8000s/m9120s and a set of 6 pot Navigators for shits and giggles.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
But that's Saint/XTR/E4/Quadiem money. Zees are a good $100 cheaper and don't give much away to the Saints with the same pads.

About 75 less.

Thats for the polished version too, so added shiny.

And that's why I just ordered them!

Oddjob

About 75 less.

Thats for the polished version too, so added shiny.

And that's why I just ordered them!

The Curas or the Zees?

Oddjob

I'm happy to call bullshit on that review. The Direttisima should have taken the win. The new Codes are worse than the old codes, and the old Codes were nothing flash. Great if you were a pro and have a mechanic to maintain them, shit if you have to do your own maintenance and often end up with water contaminated dot fluid.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I'm happy to call bullshit on that review. The Direttisima should have taken the win. The new Codes are worse than the old codes, and the old Codes were nothing flash. Great if you were a pro and have a mechanic to maintain them, shit if you have to do your own maintenance and often end up with water contaminated dot fluid.

Price was part of the equation too. They clearly state the Direttissima are the most powerful brake they tested but at over $1K a set, really......

Oddjob

Price was part of the equation too. They clearly state the Direttissima are the most powerful brake they tested but at over $1K a set, really......
... which is why they have the best value award. Not much point having the best in test award if the best brakes didn't win.

In relative terms $1k is bad, but back in 2001 XT m755s cost $800 and Brembo mtb brakes cost 1000 euros in 2004.

I still have 2 sets of m755s, and they still shit all over Codes. I imagine the Brembos would still be suitably spectacular too.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Really these days it's hard to get bad brakes at the magic 300 price point.

Unless they run DOT fluid. Has no place on a bike.

Oddjob

Really these days it's hard to get bad brakes at the magic 300 price point.

Unless they run DOT fluid. Has no place on a bike.

Amen!

goobags

Likes Dirt
MT Trail sport go for around $250 a set, run mineral oil, more power than XT and you don’t get the shits after 2 new sets of M8000s and a warranty replacement that still pump up. What’s not to like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
MT Trail sport go for around $250 a set, run mineral oil, more power than XT and you don’t get the shits after 2 new sets of M8000s and a warranty replacement that still pump up. What’s not to like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct. I love mine. Just would like a touch more power for the rune.
Like a reach around as such
Yes.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks amazing with the fox orange
So, this happened.

No new brakes yet, but it's rideable again. Fuck I'm happy with how it's come up.

SRAM XX1 drivetrain on the way for it too lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk