The Fear...

slowmick

38-39"
Wow - with a whole bunch more speed the little things (on/in the ground) become so much more important. I saw a small drop - not a 4m "double". I can see myself lying on the ground having no idea what happened trying to go long.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That looks more it should be a huck to flat, except instead there's a shitty small transition landing with some uneven ground straight after?
Pretty much, its easy to drop off as you see from my first attempt. Its the crappy lander and steep grade down that makes it difficult trying to double it. If you come up short with the back it will likely kick you over the bars. To long and will land very flat then into the corner. I landed ok length wise, but too far left and caught the root.

I have easily cleared as long or longer jumps, but this one just always gave me 'the fear'. Turns out my fear had some base to it lol.

Last edited:

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow - with a whole bunch more speed the little things (on/in the ground) become so much more important. I saw a small drop - not a 4m "double". I can see myself lying on the ground having no idea what happened trying to go long.
Yeah Mick, things get nasty quick once speed is up.
I think I was very lucky to get away with it, and made me think twice about what I'm doing on the bike as I rapidly head towards 40.
'The fear' has really kicked in now lol.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
I worked out last weekend I crave the fear but have to be feeling good on my bike to do so. Hit a section last weekend that I thought OK, this is dangerous fast but because I felt good on the bike loved it and finished my ride mega stoked (had a big wipe out on same trails 10 weeks ago that my ankle is still recovering from). Now I am starting to get a feeling that if I am back up to speed, a big wipe out is coming. :(