The fixer thread

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
So I have been thinking about putting this idea forward for quite some time.
basically a thread where fellow members can get in-touch with other, either open forum or by PM to lend a hand or help out with certain transactions.
E.g. say you see a killer bike for sale/auction, either on here or other trading sites not in your local area, but the seller is not interested in postage hassles - you post up an ad asking for a fixer that may be able to step in as the middle man. pick up item, and either deliver if that suits or organise postage for the buyer.
Of course this will come with some level of trust for all parties involved, but like most I know whom the shonkies are and the decent folk on here are!, and hopefully all the chuntsticks and profiteers have all buggered off.
as a fixer, you may request a small fee or similar compensation for packaging etc, but that will be left up to the parties involved to sort out.
doesn't have to be bike related either, within reason!
good idea, or disaster waiting to happen?

So I have been thinking about putting this idea forward for quite some time.
basically a thread where fellow members can get in-touch with other, either open forum or by PM to lend a hand or help out with certain transactions.
like a hit ?

Coz my list is getting long and difficult to maintain, gotta make a cull

Don't worry, pyney is on there, not top 20 though, probably be second round

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
sorry, I thought this may have actually been a good idea that fellow members could benefit from!
I guess you lot are more interested on dicks drawn on newspapers and character assassination of their fellow peers.

wavike

Likes Dirt
Agree it's a good idea in theory, but it'll take at least half a day to check out a bike, pack and send. Not many have that sort of time available. But it's worth a try.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
sorry, I thought this may have actually been a good idea that fellow members could benefit from!
I guess you lot are more interested on dicks drawn on newspapers and character assassination of their fellow peers.

Yes. If I could log on here 2-3 times a day and see a fresh high quality dick cartoon on the home page I would be very happy.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
oi Melbourne types.
is anyone keen on picking up a small parcel for me, and mailing it..
seller is keen to sell item, but is not interested in having to post it.(Fellow RB'er),nothing sus!
PM with conditions of trans if keen

Pastavore

Eats Squid
oi Melbourne types.
is anyone keen on picking up a small parcel for me, and mailing it..
seller is keen to sell item, but is not interested in having to post it.(Fellow RB'er),nothing sus!
PM with conditions of trans if keen
Melbourne is a big place, Fat Boy. Can you narrow it down a little?
If it's local may be able to help, depends how much of a hurry you are in.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Are you the sock puppet of a Fat Boy, KNuckles?

Templestowe is not my neck of the woods, sorry.
He quite often consults me over purchases, he has noted my quality contribution to rotorburn, and has wisely opted to seek a more personal basis.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
said item procured, transaction complete...Thanks Knucks, I owe you one!
if anyone needs goods picked up around Newie/lake Macquarie, hit me up.