The Fixie Thread

hubbie

Forever 1,337
sorry tristan. shoulda said, found it on trackosaurus rex. I don't own it unfortunately. I'd go another colour tho. could match your Last! haha

'Ross

Eats Squid
Good to see more Farleigh's, Ive never seen another one on the road before. Speaking of... I think Im gonna repaint soon, possibly even get it done properly or get it powdercoated.

In my opinion New Era hats look stupid, and would be totally impractical to ride in. Cycling hats on the other hand...

I saw this the other day on Collins St

It was ironically leaning against a coffee shop directly across from where all the bike couriers hang out, either this guy is a courier or desperately wants to be seen by them. I thought it looked horrid, but thats just my opinion.

hubbie

Forever 1,337
I think it's neat. Hipster but neat. I used to have one of those Hipster undies stickers on a jumper.

Personally I love my black Philly new era for just cruising around, fixie and bmx, but pretty impractical when it's windy. I've proudly taken all the damn stickers off though! hahaha

suG

Likes Dirt
what you took the sticker off your 50 9 50 isn't that like illegal

i really like that all black bike from shifter bikes its really nice but the bars look a little odd being so wide... stilll really nice

hubbie

Forever 1,337
But I'm a wild man. I actually penned "Fuck the Police" with Chuck D or Eazy E, whoever's group released it first. I was too hyped up on drugs to remember

I admired a sticker Insight put on their fitted caps that said 'don't remove this sticker or the hat will fall apart yo!' a while back

Last edited:

nhd

Likes Dirt
my bike. thought id share.

and im really dissapointed i didnt find out about www.trackosaurusrex.com earlier, having created an acronym that can easily be confused, and have label tags already made. ahwell ill take the heat. who wants tshirts!!

Fusion

Likes Dirt
Nothing wrong with having marginally wide bars. It actually helps to have your bars about the same width as your shoulders anyway. Just my two cents.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
In my opinion New Era hats look stupid, and would be totally impractical to ride in. Cycling hats on the other hand...

I saw this the other day on Collins St

It was ironically leaning against a coffee shop directly across from where all the bike couriers hang out, either this guy is a courier or desperately wants to be seen by them. I thought it looked horrid, but thats just my opinion.
new eras are great until you lift your head up flying down a hill. good bye hat!

and that bike looks real nice. sure, id change a couple cosmetic things, but its a good build either way.
the fact its built by shifter and featured on fyxo, id say its owned by someone 'in the know', and not some random.

hubbie

Forever 1,337
yeah rhys, and clip ins! nice. I want clip in's but i just want nice usable shoes aswell, like some skate/hitops, but that'd be just oh so hipster.

put a new seat and rear tyre on the fixie today. flatbars and brake should be this weekend. seat is some gel WTB thing. yoinked off a bike that was never picked up, and the tyre is another cheap zafiro.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
Clipless is where its at.
Much more control and I don't get sore feet like I used to with straps and flats.
The mtb clipless are real sweet to walk in also, I've only nearly slipped once when walking on tiles with water on them, and its not like I hang in too many cafes or parks chillin either!

nhd

Likes Dirt
mm i get sore feet also, trying to find some sneakers with a stiff sole.

rhys, with those clipless shoes do you find your feet sweat more??

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
I've worn those checkered Vans lofers, and Volleys, and i've got to say Volleys suck in straps. The Vans are sweet though. Although i think i'll think about getting some clipless pedals/shoes too.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid

rhys, with those clipless shoes do you find your feet sweat more??
Nah they sweat less than wearing a canvas vans etc. The shoes I have, they've got mesh in the top. Don't know how cold they'll get iin the dead of winter! I've only had them a month or two.
They fill up with water real quick in the rain!!
All in all I love riding clipless compared to straps and flats

'Ross

Eats Squid
Nah they sweat less than wearing a canvas vans etc. The shoes I have, they've got mesh in the top. Don't know how cold they'll get iin the dead of winter! I've only had them a month or two.
They fill up with water real quick in the rain!!
All in all I love riding clipless compared to straps and flats
Ill tell ya from my experience... COLD COLD COLD! I might even consider some of those socks that go over the outside of the shoes.

Mine are fairly crap to walk in because the sole is so stiff, but they are ok to climb a big fence in, alright to run in, and good for climbing a very very steep riverbank (just hypothetically, thought you should know;))

I couldn't run clips and straps, I wear too many different shoes like steel caps, thongs, sneakers, cricket shoes etc. So I don't mind just plain old bearcage pedals for commuting.

But when it comes to out and out riding, I couldn't regard clipless any higher. You don't realise how much more efficient and faster you could be riding until you try it!