The Fixie Thread

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
[quote='Ross]bar talk[/quote] They all just look like pursuit type bullhorns or else TT style base bars (like what you would clip aero extensions to the top of) which have been rolled back from horizontal...

potato

Likes Dirt
Can anyone recommend a decent, relatively tough rim for the front of my SS?

I was happy with the deep v i had, but left it outside after putting the bike on the carrier and it got pinched in about 2 minutes...

Should i just get another deep v, or is there something shallower that can take handle bashing around a bit. Nothing too serious, but the roads/paths i ride on are often a bit rough.
Mavic open pro, strong and look boss, not as deep as velocities.

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
normally not a fan of freestyle fixies but holy crap this video is awsome
[video=vimeo;23895598]http://vimeo.com/23895598[/video]

Tomas

my mum says im cool
We have different definitions of awesome. I think when you say awesome, you mean relentlessly awkward and goofy-looking.

Lemontime

Eats Squid
So much smoother than 99.99% of fgfs riders.. Still such a silly looking bike. He rides bmx too apparently, chainless.. -_-

HLC

Likes Dirt
put bits on it... (the frame that is)...

not built how i wanted to. but i just want to ride the damn thing... gotta polish up my other cranks then ill be running campy pedals w/ clips/straps, and gotta fix up my ergo stem, so ergostem w/ bullhorns... and find a home for that heavy b43... AND get a black chain LOL blue chain straight off the other bike... and i geared down from 46:15 to 46:16... i wont enjoy the extra spin, but thats what i want to work on!!

HLC

Likes Dirt
Looks awesome man! Where did you manage to find the thick-slick on the rear?
got it off a mate in Sydney, he's also on here 'wombat'.. got 4 of em lol aside from the weight factor (couple with a b43, ugh) they are pretty good!

small update,

put bullhorns on, went for a ride, took a photo.