The gaming thread

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Kinda interesting, seems like some good casting decisions:

GOT fans should like the Last of Us movie - Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey (Lyanna Mormont) will play the man and girl characters (can't remember names).

Borderlands movie will have Kevin Hart and.... Cate Blanchett. I'm interested.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen.

Could be a lot of fun.
Looks good but I always thought the premise of Aliens was a bit bullshit. The real fangs of an army are artillery. Soldiers hate cqb and I'm sure aliens would hate airburst or thermobaric artillery strikes. Or the classic orbital nuke.

Or if its set in a spacestation, up the air pressure then explosively decompress. Mmmmm acidic jelly.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I've not really played games last couple of months, but keep hearing about Valheim

Not sure if something I want to get (too addictive?) - anyone here had a go?

tobbogonist

a registered member
I have just reconnected with an old mate in tas. His marriage has fallen apart etc he's in a bit of a struggle.
Can anyone recomend a coop type online game we can play, drink beers too. Nothing too involved. We need a distraction as he isn't much of a phone talker.
Needs to be crossplatform as we got xbox/ps4 rivalry stemming back to highsvhool days.

tobbogonist

a registered member
I've not really played games last couple of months, but keep hearing about Valheim

Not sure if something I want to get (too addictive?) - anyone here had a go?
I have a mate who talks about nothing else at the moment. He basically lives on his pc though. Those survival games are usually a huge timesink. Looks pretty good though.
I lost a year to wow when it first came out and steer well clear of games with any lengthy progression type gameplay.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Maybe one of the borderlands games? They are pretty much mindless looting and shooting and I used to play with my mate co-op and chat as we went, I'm not sure how cross platform they are though
I never played them, I remember the first one was huge back when i worked at eb games.
Definately worth a look. Its like a shooter style rpg thing yeah?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Looks good but I always thought the premise of Aliens was a bit bullshit. The real fangs of an army are artillery. Soldiers hate cqb and I'm sure aliens would hate airburst or thermobaric artillery strikes. Or the classic orbital nuke.

Or if its set in a spacestation, up the air pressure then explosively decompress. Mmmmm acidic jelly.
Yep, they might mess it up like Colonial Marines. It would be pretty short game if orbital nukes was the main weapon :)
Surely it is one of those settings that they could do something worthwhile? Errr..........

tobbogonist

a registered member
I worked at one of those, did you hate it too?
Yeep.
Middle aged men and 14 year old gamer girls, non stop inappropriate flirting, staff drinking several 1.5ltre bottles of coke a day.. people coming in to argue with my about why there isnt ice trolls in fable when there is one in the advertisment.. our Christmas dinner was held in a park every year so the under 18's could drink..
I was a bloody celebrity at the local internet cafe though. I remember going in there once to print some stuff out and people where lining up to show me their wow characters.
It broke me. And those fucking midnight launches. What the hell..

tobbogonist

a registered member
I don't think that there are too many X console platform titles.

I thought Fortnight was one of the X platform ones but you don't want to get you butt handed to you by 13 year olds all day either.
Yeah it looks like minecraft, call of duty, fortnight..
I might have to do some digging.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I have just reconnected with an old mate in tas. His marriage has fallen apart etc he's in a bit of a struggle.
Can anyone recomend a coop type online game we can play, drink beers too. Nothing too involved. We need a distraction as he isn't much of a phone talker.
Needs to be crossplatform as we got xbox/ps4 rivalry stemming back to highsvhool days.
The Division 2, Borderlands 3, Halo: Master Chief collection, also BF4 is having a bit of a revival.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yeep.
Middle aged men and 14 year old gamer girls, non stop inappropriate flirting, staff drinking several 1.5ltre bottles of coke a day.. people coming in to argue with my about why there isnt ice trolls in fable when there is one in the advertisment.. our Christmas dinner was held in a park every year so the under 18's could drink..
I was a bloody celebrity at the local internet cafe though. I remember going in there once to print some stuff out and people where lining up to show me their wow characters.
It broke me. And those fucking midnight launches. What the hell..
Ha, yet to meet a single ex employee of EB Games who didn't detest it. Management that gave zero cares about staff, a customer base that were a bunch of <redacted> and a perks structure that saw all the benefits for any good sales performance flow straight to the store managers and no one else. Don't even get me started on the "hey wanna buy this pre-owned version that looks like it's been eaten but $3 cheaper than the new one?"

and yes....

.....the midnight launches....

insert 1,000 yard stare

Certainly a good workplace culture for encouraging Type 2 Diabetes that's for sure.

Last edited:

tobbogonist

a registered member
Yep it was soo bad. I made it to assistant manager somehow. The corporate enviroment was toxic.
Only good thing that came out of it was my 2 x ps3's that sat in the stock room. I bought them with a tax return then refunded/ changed my mind alternate pay weeks to keep cashflow going for the pub. Didn't technically cost me anything and was definately illegal.
Loophole in the whole having to keep second hand goods from sale for a grace period.