The gaming thread

tobbogonist

a registered member
The Division 2, Borderlands 3, Halo: Master Chief collection, also BF4 is having a bit of a revival.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
The Division 2 looks pretty good actually but it doesn't have crossplay. Poor guy lost the ps4 in the divorce.. well he lost other stuff too.. but that stuff didnt affect me.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I'm away at work for a couple of months so it's been all about the Switch lately - namely Subnautica which has been both utterly brilliant and infuriatingly awful at the same time. The whole premise and the gameplay and it's mix of vast exploration and terrifying aquatic claustrophobia is brilliant yet it's also completely broken.

I mean, I can put up with the visual bugs and occasional glitches where some terrifying giant fucking monster suddenly warps through a cliff face in front of you but in the past week I've been subjected to two separate game-breaking bugs. The first of which took a week to get patched and the second kicked within a mere 24hrs after the first one got fixed. In both cases it is impossible to revert to an earlier save as the developers never thought to allow for a save game library!

It's truly exasperating as the base game is 5 years old (on PC) so they should have at least been able to address the save game complaints before porting it to the Switch and as mentioned, there is such a brilliant game hidden away in there!

On the plus side it's given me more time to hoon about in my McLaren that came with the F1 pack for Rocket League.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
In my old age I have recently fallen down a chess rabbit hole. The depth of this game and skill ceiling is truly remarkable given how simple the game looks at face value.

After each side has had 5 moves there are 69,352,859,712,417 possible game layouts that could have been played. Remarkable.

Are there any other nerds out there?

tobbogonist

a registered member
In my old age I have recently fallen down a chess rabbit hole. The depth of this game and skill ceiling is truly remarkable given how simple the game looks at face value.

After each side has had 5 moves there are 69,352,859,712,417 possible game layouts that could have been played. Remarkable.

Are there any other nerds out there?
I used to think I was pretty good at chess, a couple of months ago a mates 12 year old demolished me and spent most of the game playing candy crush on his iPad at the same time.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Might be time to resub to iracing but damn the exchange rate since i was last in there has doubled to price. 3 month sub should cover this lockdown right?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Anyone else jump on the beta for riders republic?

Managed a 1/2 hour before work this morning, exactly the kind of MTB Arcady stupidity I needed in my life

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
riders republic looks pretty cool, especially if they have a Megavalanch/mass start type of event
will be a while before it hits the XB though!

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
riders republic looks pretty cool, especially if they have a Megavalanch/mass start type of event
will be a while before it hits the XB though!
Release is scheduled for 28/10. The beta was fun but I’m not sure of the longevity. It started to bore me after a few hours even with the funny modifiers added to some of the races (jet bike, 70’s downhill skiing in black and white).