The gaming thread

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077 was released today. I started playing the PS4 version about 3 weeks ago so am about 85% of the way through the main story and side-quests
sooooo.... CP2077 is actually playable on a PS4 without rage-inducing glitches now?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
More "current gen" than "next gen" really.

I haven't played the game yet but have it installed (on PC). Downloaded the patch this morning because it now has a benchmarking feature which was fun to run a couple of times with FSR enabled etc.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
More "current gen" than "next gen" really.

I haven't played the game yet but have it installed (on PC). Downloaded the patch this morning because it now has a benchmarking feature which was fun to run a couple of times with FSR enabled etc.
Next-gen for consoles (PS5 & Xbone)

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure, I'm on a PS5 and the current version has been very stable and bug free
I agree. I only touched it again this week. First time I’d played on Series X and it was much more stable and smooth compared to Xbox One. Update came at the perfect time, just when I started the final mission :(
May have to kick off a new play through.

LPG

likes thicc birds
I've been playing pubg with a mate often enough now that ot is free. It's a pretty awesome strategic shooter. Wish I had the gun control some people have. I can flank an enemy like a boss only for them to turn around and melt my face of after I Peter Dutton my shots.

tobbogonist

a registered member
I played pubg for a bit but couldn't get the gun control down pat, was sick of having the advantage and still dying. Played warzone with mates a lot when it first came out, was stuck in lockdown, it went to shit with the hackers though. At least I could aim in that game.
I'm house sitting for my mother in a few months for a weekend, trying to work out what to play as I don't have power at home.
I'm thinking a frustrating weekend of dark souls 3 and pizza is in order.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I played pubg for a bit but couldn't get the gun control down pat, was sick of having the advantage and still dying. Played warzone with mates a lot when it first came out, was stuck in lockdown, it went to shit with the hackers though. At least I could aim in that game.
I'm house sitting for my mother in a few months for a weekend, trying to work out what to play as I don't have power at home.
I'm thinking a frustrating weekend of dark souls 3 and pizza is in order.
After playing first person shooters on the Switch and experiencing the joy of gyroscopic aiming, I’m dumbfounded as to why this isn’t standard on all consoles - particularly the PlayStation as Sony’s controllers have had Six-Axis/gyro capabilities ever since the PS3 came out 2006!

I reckon the ability to fine-tune your aiming just by moving the controller itself takes away the big advantage that mouse/keyboard combo players have and is far more comfortable to play.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
After playing first person shooters on the Switch and experiencing the joy of gyroscopic aiming, I’m dumbfounded as to why this isn’t standard on all consoles - particularly the PlayStation as Sony’s controllers have had Six-Axis/gyro capabilities ever since the PS3 came out 2006!

I reckon the ability to fine-tune your aiming just by moving the controller itself takes away the big advantage that mouse/keyboard combo players have and is far more comfortable to play.
not having tried it, it sounds like it would be jarring. I cant picture how an additional axis of motion would improve my aim on a 2D plane.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Anyone jumping on Elden Ring tomorrow? I've got too much of a backlog, but glowing reviews so far for this one.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
For some reason (probably YouTube) I desired giving Marathon another go. Wtf is Marathon you may ask? It's an ancient FPS born a few months after Doom in 1994 that (at the time) was probably the most sophisticated shooter game going. Only available on Mac originally, but it's been adapted to run on almost anything now and pretty easy to find.

What's remarkable is that it's not shit. It's circa 27 years old and some of the AI is laughably bad, but the gameplay, weapons, level design and story all make it immersive and still really fun to play. Not bad for something I last played before I started high school. Might have to download the sequels next.

TL/DR: old crap not necessarily crap. Or something.