The gaming thread

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Geez mate, you could be looking at a holiday to the Whitsunday's with that cache of history. Does it all work? Do you have the cables and controllers for them all?
Yeah. Got em out a few weeks ago and they all still work. A little clunky but all good.
Some of the games are so crap though. So so crap.

TKITEZ

Likes Bikes
bit of BF4 on PC and GTA5 on PS3 thats about it at the moment...

brb getting my sega master system out to list on ebay

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Mostly play Planetside 2 nowadays, so far am 130 hours in, slowly getting sick of all the login and lag issues on Briggs so once I get sick of that I'll probably move back to CSS which I have about 160 hours on.

I also play Audiosurf a bit, currently at 193 hours on that game.

Used to play BF3 a lot but am quite tired of that game nowadays, especially after hitting max rank and doing 600+ hours on it, lel.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A friend listed his mint N64 with 30+ games and just about every attachment you could ever buy, with the boxes for everything on eBay about a year ago and got $1300 odd for it.

Skydome

A friend listed his mint N64 with 30+ games and just about every attachment you could ever buy, with the boxes for everything on eBay about a year ago and got $1300 odd for it.
Nice.

Old gaming collectables can go for quite a bit nowadays.

Months ago I remember an old console system with a rare game went up on Ebay and if memory serves me correctly it sold for something like 60k+, I think it may have ended up going for near 100k, so something like 90-95k..

driftking

Wheel size expert
Nice.

Old gaming collectables can go for quite a bit nowadays.

Months ago I remember an old console system with a rare game went up on Ebay and if memory serves me correctly it sold for something like 60k+, I think it may have ended up going for near 100k, so something like 90-95k..
In that case my N64 might just stay in the cupboard for a little bit longer or a lot longer but who knows...retirement.

I don't game much these days but i tend to stick to RPG and racing.
Only running a ps3 still but have played a few final fantasy's, love f1.

Hew

Likes Dirt
Have played a lot of games in my time.

Mainly spending my time on Rust at the moment. I really recommend it if you have a lot of time on your hands, and can contain the rage of losing potentially tens of hours of playtime in one go when some gronk decides to blow through your house and steal all your shit. Although, it's a lot of bloody fun teaming up with other insomniacs and killing/stealing anything in sight.

Also play BF3/BF4, Titanfall, CS:GO, Dota2, Smite, Dirt3, Planetside2 and CoD4. Don't spend a huge amount of time playing games to be honest, Rust is the only thing I'm pouring time into at the moment.

Skydome

In that case my N64 might just stay in the cupboard for a little bit longer or a lot longer but who knows...retirement.

I don't game much these days but i tend to stick to RPG and racing.
Only running a ps3 still but have played a few final fantasy's, love f1.
Yep, put her back in the cupboard's and let it age like a fine wine.

Though make sure you get a good collection of games and keep everything in working order.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
A new game I saw today was this; Project Cars. It looks interesting http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ne...ng-to-xbox-one-ps4-wii-u-and-pc/1100-6419156/
I've had Project Cars for a few years now, since the start of development (I paid to have early access to help shape the game as it develops).

I haven't played the recent builds, but I don't think it looks anywhere near as good as all the screenshots make it out to be, even on maximum graphics.
Should probably fire it up and check out their progress though.

The car handling isn't the greatest either, feels like there's not enough grip a lot of the time, and the cars feel a little 'floaty'.
Hopefully they can make it more sim-like, but it's the Need for Speed SHIFT (read: SHIT) developers, so hopes aren't too high... that game felt terrible as well.

Note: I play with a Logitech G25.

-----------
As for what I'm actually playing nowadays, it's mostly just Insurgency.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/222880/

A medium sized 'CoD style' game, except more tactical based, with more realistic shooting mechanics, recoil, sway from being tired (if you sprint around too long), etc.
Objective-based gameplay and whatnot.
I guess it's only CoD styled 'cause it's a small-medium scale, fluid, modern military shooter.

However, it doesn't have all the ridiculous A.D.D. garbage.
No ranks, no unlocks, no kill streaks, no kill notifications, no text and loud noises and shit all over your screen.

I guess it's more old school in that respect... which for myself is probably half the appeal.
It's an even playing ground in terms of equipment.
Good teamwork and personal skill will net your team the win, not who has the best unlocks.

Other than that, I just play the odd single player game... waiting until pay day so I can grab Dark Souls II, that should be good.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Up until the weekend I had both seats set up in front of my more modest TV in my lounge. Then I realised it probably doesn't leave a good impression with visitors (particularly female ones) if the host has a living room that appears to have been designed by a 13 year old. So I've bought a telly for the spare room and shoved everything in there.

View attachment 289463

IMG_0882.JPG

At the moment I'm playing mostly NASCAR '14, F1 2013, GT6 (tried it in 3D for the first time last night. It was pretty mind-blowing, especially with the HUD turned off.) and Birds of Steel.

Dark Souls is still sitting there untouched. I want to play but I'm just not sure I can afford to by another TV after I inevitably throw a controller through the screen after dying for the millionth time.

There would have been a PS4 in amongst there but I reckon there's still no games available that make it worth the while. If Watch Dogs is any good, I might get one then.

Also thinking of jumping back into GTA online. Apparently you can finally do heists...

Attachments

Big AC

Likes Dirt
I've had Project Cars for a few years now, since the start of development (I paid to have early access to help shape the game as it develops).

I haven't played the recent builds, but I don't think it looks anywhere near as good as all the screenshots make it out to be, even on maximum graphics.
Should probably fire it up and check out their progress though.

The car handling isn't the greatest either, feels like there's not enough grip a lot of the time, and the cars feel a little 'floaty'.
Hopefully they can make it more sim-like, but it's the Need for Speed SHIFT (read: SHIT) developers, so hopes aren't too high... that game felt terrible as well.
Hey Ezkaton,

I’d be interested to hear how Project CARS is progressing in terms of the physics and whether they are now going down an arcade route as opposed to a sim which they were previously been talking about.

I was hoping that PCARS would be a successor to GT6; however, some recent stuff that I have read (comments here and there) suggests it is turning into a big NFS type game.

Thanks

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Up until the weekend I had both seats set up in front of my more modest TV in my lounge. Then I realised it probably doesn't leave a good impression with visitors (particularly female ones) if the host has a living room that appears to have been designed by a 13 year old. So I've bought a telly for the spare room and shoved everything in there.

View attachment 289463

View attachment 289464

At the moment I'm playing mostly NASCAR '14, F1 2013, GT6 (tried it in 3D for the first time last night. It was pretty mind-blowing, especially with the HUD turned off.) and Birds of Steel.

Dark Souls is still sitting there untouched. I want to play but I'm just not sure I can afford to by another TV after I inevitably throw a controller through the screen after dying for the millionth time.

There would have been a PS4 in amongst there but I reckon there's still no games available that make it worth the while. If Watch Dogs is any good, I might get one then.

Also thinking of jumping back into GTA online. Apparently you can finally do heists...
That wicker/sawhorse combo is fucking awesome. Can you PM me the details of your 13 yo designer's contact details?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
It was an ironing board before but that took up too much room. The sawhorse is the best $15 I've ever spent.
Had a mate once. Stitched his wheel controler onto a pair of special "gaming pants". Needless to say, they couldn't be washed in any sort of convenient manner, so never were.....His marriage lasted until the first time his wife caught him playing Need for Speed. Emergancy trips to the head would have been interesting I asume.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It was an ironing board before but that took up too much room. The sawhorse is the best $15 I've ever spent.
I still crack up at that photo of you playing on that thing, what a pisser.

So ah, I had a problem with my PS4 on Saturday night. Mid game it just spat the disc out and went to the home screen. Then it continually tried to eject the disc even though the drive was empty. Hmmmm, I know the eject button is very sensitive and have read that pressure from laying the I machine flat can cause this problem so I stood it vertical and have had no repeat of the issue. I rang Sony and explained the issue and get this, they emailed me the instructions for how to dismantle the machine and adjust the manual eject screw! It's easy and I did the job but was very surprised that they suggested removing the covers. They keep a log of the incident and know that this won't void warranty but wow, I was pretty surprised!

For those playing Battlefield, whats your longest headshot? I skulled a guy from 423m and was pretty impressed when he messaged me saying good kill. He then stalked me and the game ended up him getting me four kills to three.

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For those playing Battlefield, whats your longest headshot? I skulled a guy from 423m and was pretty impressed when he messaged me saying good kill. He then stalked me and the game ended up him getting me four kills to three.
My best is on battlefeild bad company 2 - longest head-shot 497m with an m24. (total time using just that gun: 76h 12m 31s) :faint2: