The gaming thread

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Anyone getting Project Cars 2?

I've been playing Driveclub, and it's visually pretty, and the engine sounds are good, but the driving physics are a bit bitey. seems impossible to get out of a slide sometimes, even steering into it. The racing can be very arcade-y. I've won races by ramming my way to the front. Bit of a culture shock coming from Dirt rally with it's sweet sliding and crash damage when you get it wrong.
Project Cars 2 is awesome. Hell, Project Cars was / is the best on road racing game on a console and the sequel just impoves it. It totally shits on Driveclub.

I sold my Playstation Virtual Reality setup, it was shitting me. The games aren't great and it is a pain in the arse to set up and store. I got what I paid for it and don't regret selling it. It's just a fad and I hope VR doesn't become much of a thing.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Project Cars 2 is awesome. Hell, Project Cars was / is the best on road racing game on a console and the sequel just impoves it. It totally shits on Driveclub.
Played PC 1 on VR and it was pretty good. My mate bought PC2 and was a good boys night, only lacking in that the dude with VR couldn't make it. I think we are all buying VR to add to our rigs now.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

I sold my Playstation Virtual Reality setup, it was shitting me. The games aren't great and it is a pain in the arse to set up and store. I got what I paid for it and don't regret selling it. It's just a fad and I hope VR doesn't become much of a thing.
Cool, been thinking of grabbing it. Today is as good as any.

Currently mucking around with Dirt4. The roads on stages seem a lot narrower, not so much cool road surface feedback though the steering wheel.
(The sound of large gravel hitting the underside of the car in Dirt Rally really helped with realsim, IMO.)
Stages in Wales at night were fucking diabolical, hopefully I can upgrade the frikken lighting setups in the cars at some point. or get better, same same.

early days. There seems to be a lot of stuffing around in the 'team' area, upgrading crap like the lounge and canteen for your engineers??? WTF?!?!? don't make it into the SIMS or some crap, it seems to be a distraction from actually driving rally cars. Whatever...

I'm playing in simulation mode, but it doesn't seem as hard as Dirt Rally. I'm sure that will change when I max out the AI. I have no assists on braking, traction control, etc, and camera view is in-car.
The music is shithouse. whoever came up with the playlists for the menus etc should be locked away and forced to listen to the crazy frog song on repeat, for the rest of their life.

Apart from the music, I like the game so far. Looking forward to unlocking the group B cars :becky:

Anyone getting WRC 7 when it drops?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I saw an reference to Xbox one keyboard and mouse coming out soon. PUBG here I come!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Cool, been thinking of grabbing it. Today is as good as any.

Currently mucking around with Dirt4. The roads on stages seem a lot narrower, not so much cool road surface feedback though the steering wheel.
(The sound of large gravel hitting the underside of the car in Dirt Rally really helped with realsim, IMO.)
Stages in Wales at night were fucking diabolical, hopefully I can upgrade the frikken lighting setups in the cars at some point. or get better, same same.

early days. There seems to be a lot of stuffing around in the 'team' area, upgrading crap like the lounge and canteen for your engineers??? WTF?!?!? don't make it into the SIMS or some crap, it seems to be a distraction from actually driving rally cars. Whatever...

I'm playing in simulation mode, but it doesn't seem as hard as Dirt Rally. I'm sure that will change when I max out the AI. I have no assists on braking, traction control, etc, and camera view is in-car.
The music is shithouse. whoever came up with the playlists for the menus etc should be locked away and forced to listen to the crazy frog song on repeat, for the rest of their life.

Apart from the music, I like the game so far. Looking forward to unlocking the group B cars :becky:

Anyone getting WRC 7 when it drops?
I loved Dirt but Dirt 4 is better. The cars are better to drive, more responsive to changes and the braking has been altered a little to make it harder requiring more precise driving.
The team stuff and upgrading process is so worth it, it all makes sense once you start winning titles on the hardest settings and after that you won't have to touch that stuff once it's upgraded and you keep kicking goals.
I agree with the music though, it's a bit repetitive.
Group B is pretty epic, it's hard to get winning times on full difficulty but geez it feels good when you do. ;)

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what's it like, i've been a GT fanboy since the original, but 6 was tragically bad...(1 and I think 4 were the best imo...4 was the 1st one with the nurburbring right?)...
but since Destiny 2 is also tragically bad, I need something else to play.
Also do you get a 5000000000000000000000000TB update to download as soon as you start it up?

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here's my brief run down of Gran Turismo Sport...so far. It is not a follow-on from GT6 or any of the previous GT's for that matter. It looks and feels like a completely different game.

It feels like a condensed game as there isn't as many cars and tracks to choose from - whether this good or bad I don't know. I'm of the view that it may be a case of quality over quantity.

The game modes are different too - so far I've divided my time between Driving School, Mission Challenge and Circuit Experience. I've found the Circuit Experience probably the best mode so far!

What I've found a bit weird is playing through the game modes I really haven't had to purchase or upgrade any cars yet, I'm winning quite a few cars through the challenges/experience but I'm not really using them yet as through the challenges you get allocated a car.

My only reservation of the game is not hitting that space where you buy a car, upgrade it, race it...and chucking as many mods on it to make it go fast/undriveable etc!

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Project Cars 2 is awesome. Hell, Project Cars was / is the best on road racing game on a console and the sequel just impoves it.
I only use a controller and found Project Cars near impossible to drive, a challenge but very nearly sapped the fun out of it for me! Do you know if Project Cars 2 is the same?

Gran Turismo Sport is definitely a step-up in difficulty from the previous GT's, but I find it much more controllable than Project Cars - therefore more fun!

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I only use a controller and found Project Cars near impossible to drive, a challenge but very nearly sapped the fun out of it for me! Do you know if Project Cars 2 is the same?

Gran Turismo Sport is definitely a step-up in difficulty from the previous GT's, but I find it much more controllable than Project Cars - therefore more fun!
You really need a steering wheel to get the most out of it. I found GT series much easier to drive than the other games, probably because it's actually been designed with controller for 90% of people who buy it. The real difference is PC2 is the feedback stuff is much better than PC1. Braking in PC1 felt like nothing and you had to listen to the sound carefully to tell if you locked up. PC2 you can feel it. But I still think it's about time we inserted servos into the pedals for feedback on brake and throttle at minimum.

I kind of got over the GT series - 6 was a killer for me. Surprisingly I like the license tests the most in the whole game.

Back on PUBG. It's a love hate game for me atm. I still drop 80% of my games at school lol.

Last edited:

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah I know the gt sport is one of the in between games, its not a sequel as such, like that... prologue or whatever... an yeah i'm not about to use a steering wheel, all my gaming is done on the couch in front of the big tv.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
You really need a steering wheel to get the most out of it. I found GT series much easier to drive than the other games, probably because it's actually been designed with controller for 90% of people who buy it. The real difference is PC2 is the feedback stuff is much better than PC1. Braking in PC1 felt like nothing and you had to listen to the sound carefully to tell if you locked up. PC2 you can feel it. But I still think it's about time we inserted servos into the pedals for feedback on brake and throttle at minimum.

I kind of got over the GT series - 6 was a killer for me. Surprisingly I like the license tests the most in the whole game.

Back on PUBG. It's a love hate game for me atm. I still drop 80% of my games at school lol.
PUBG on PC?

\m/ Moshboy \m/

Likes Dirt
XBOX Live Gold worth the $'s? Not at all interested in the multiplayer side of things, but more so the discounts/free games & it looks pretty good on face value ($80 12 months)

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Depends - you end up with loads of games - if you've got the time to get to them all, then yes.

I had it for a while, but really didn't play many of the games in the end, but more because my gaming time was limited.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
XBOX Live Gold worth the $'s? Not at all interested in the multiplayer side of things, but more so the discounts/free games & it looks pretty good on face value ($80 12 months)
I've had about 3 months for about $3 from Microsoft but they have stopped handing out these any more. I guess weight it up against downloading games - and potentially you will be up for more storage on your Xbox - or would it be cheaper to pop over to the local Cash Converters or EB and pick only what you want.

There are some good XBL deals occasionally. These guys usually seem to be cheaper but I've never used them.
https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360

Xbox Live is handy and I only really wanted it for the multiplayer Destiny stuff. I need time more so than more games to fiddle around with.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I've only ever used it for multiplayer and DLC content. I get the family gold which covers for 4 XBL accounts.

With the impending release of PUBG for Xbox One it's worth getting. (12/12/17 just announced)

\m/ Moshboy \m/

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the replies.

I'm kinda new to this & had tp look up PUBG :embarassed:

CDkeys gets good reviews on TrustPilot, so think I'll give it a burl through them at that price.