The gaming thread

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Dirt Rally just got released on Mac and looks like my 2013 laptop meets the minimum requirements*. Downloading now!

*Will probably run at 640x480 on low at 20fps

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
Anyone keen for PUBG RB team? I am average shooter, good strategically but really excel at driving and flipping the car killing all passengers.
Looks like a good game. I've checked out some utoob footage. Still weighing up whether to buy it for the pc.

scblack

Leucocholic
PS4 question

PS4 question

I am probably going to get my girls a PS4 for xmas.

How necessary is the 1tb HDD? I can get a 500gb one for $269, but it jumps to $399 for 1tb (with a game).

How much do I really need the extra HDD capacity on PS4?

indica

Serial flasher
PS4 question

I am probably going to get my girls a PS4 for xmas.

How necessary is the 1tb HDD? I can get a 500gb one for $269, but it jumps to $399 for 1tb (with a game).

How much do I really need the extra HDD capacity on PS4?
You don't.
And if you find you do later swap the drive - it is a 10 minute job, you get a usable 500g drive and the 1tb is around $100.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
my ps4came with 500, ran out earlier this year, had to delete a bunch of games. Got a 2 TB external and transfered everything across, much better.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I got Gran Turismo for a steal at $20 and am so impressed, its a really great game and surprised me, totally loving the online system too and touch wood; I haven't had any cockheads totally take me out.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I've also got a bunch of games I've started and then never finished.... Bit better with RPGs like Fallout and Skyrim because those feel more rewarding in terms of leveling up your dudes. Mindless shooters I find harder to get through. And can't even complete a lap of a racing game.

For my holidays, I've got Prey lined up.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
The effort the devs went to woth cuphead, its worth finishing. Hand painted frames lads.....

Took me ages but I got there. Well worth it.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
For my holidays, I've got Prey lined up.
I've almost grabbed a copy of this one. Love to hear you thoughts on it once you have giving it a test run.
I'd like to have a look at the Last Of Us Remastered provided I can barricade the lounge room doors and give myself some free time.