The gaming thread

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Have it on my steam wishlist - trying not to get too many games at once so I can work through 1 or 2 at a time.

XCOM will be a massive time sink already :)

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
bought the Borderlands Handsome collection a little while back. definitely got my money's worth out of it.
been really useful to stay sane after a wtf injury.
Played BL2, and started true vault hunter mode, but currently enjoying the Pre-sequel. what an ace game, with the gravity and oxygen dynamic to focus the attention. eg, don't bounce and get michael jordan hang time in the wrong direction, or you might fall into a lava lake or bottomless pit.
Also, IMO, it's a rare and precious thing to hear Aussie and Kiwi accents from the voice character actors.

By the time I'm finished with that lot, I might be all BL'd out, or .... rearing to go with BL3. Maybe something different before BL3 so I don't go full Borderlands ;)

So much Borderland 3 lolz on the weekend with the boy.

Minor spoiler

For some reason that we cannot explain we have been calling the game "Clap Trap wants a Wife"

Nek minnit, Clap Trap finds himself a girlfriend, she doesn't function yet, we gotta get the parts, but farout.

TBH I don't want this game to ever end.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
It's $11 and you get the expansion, Flashpoint, and Shadowhawk pack, as well as a bunch more games in 17hrs when it unlocks. Even steam sales won't rival the value for that. Skip two coffees, put it in your favourites list for later.
"for later" he says. Now that I'm back playing on PC, I've still got Divinity Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity (although have at least played a little of that) and Wasteland 2 to get through, as well as Witcher 2 (currently playing) & 3, and now XCOM 2. Also, still keen to get Dusk and Ion Maiden for some FPS action at some point - might even grab Rage 2 if it goes on sale for cheap, and want to give the Prey DLC a go too. And then there is a bunch of good stuff on the horizon, including Outerworlds and Cyberpunk etc.

Still got a half finished Red Dead 2 in there somewhere too.

Only just finished Doom (2016), thank f'k Doom Eternal is now delayed until March 2020.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
You haven’t even started with world of tanks, league of legends, dota 2, any of the total wars, civilisation, shovel knight etc.

Your life is over

Reactions: Zaf

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
A wierd chain of events lined up. I was nearby to a tech company startup meeting, so I, stuck my nose in uninvited and all as a bonafide blowin. One of the guest speakers was a gentlemen called Solomon Temowo who is a game art director and game developer. Damn nice, knowledgeable and eloquent guy too. Is the boss of a company called Playerium now.

Never met anyone who has worked in the game industry before but his list is pretty impressive including the Kiilzone series, Outrun Coast to Coast and Last Of Us.

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,239362/

I have promised him that I will do Last of Us and put it in front of my to-do pile.

Also, CoD is being pushed quite hard. Here is the MRT train station shrine to CoD.

DSC_2555.jpg

clockworked

Like an orange
So. The outer worlds has got me interested. I pretty much only play racing games and fallout, so having the original writers back is great. Whats the expectation of this game from a serious gamer perspective?

TM2

Likes Bikes
So. The outer worlds has got me interested. I pretty much only play racing games and fallout, so having the original writers back is great. Whats the expectation of this game from a serious gamer perspective?
https://au.ign.com/articles/2019/10/15/developer-interview-the-outer-worlds-unlocked-415

Great interview here with a couple of the developers. Sounds like an approachable but well thought out RPG. As someone who really only plays shooters, I'm keen to give this a go after the interview, but maybe the experienced RPGer might be after a bigger experience.