The gaming thread

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
probably belongs in the you know you're getting old thread, but installed a couple of mame roms recently. fun to have games you can kill 20 minutes with and nostalgia factor, well i was kind of surprised just how many of those available games I could say i had put a lot of time into.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
probably belongs in the you know you're getting old thread, but installed a couple of mame roms recently. fun to have games you can kill 20 minutes with and nostalgia factor, well i was kind of surprised just how many of those available games I could say i had put a lot of time into.
Love Mame and the whole project. I have had Mame for Droid on my phone for some time now and CoinOps Gold running on an Original tweaked Xbox. Coinops Gold has been very well done.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
rolling thunder, rygar, twin cobra, shinobi, time pilot, double dragon. how many 20 cent coins were thrown into those?

there's free table top machines in the central park shopping centre with a lot of games of that era on them. felt good to give my kids a classical education in galaga

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
there's free table top machines in the central park shopping centre with a lot of games of that era on them. felt good to give my kids a classical education in galaga
I loved Crazy Climber and Mr Do (don't pick on his fashion sense) plus Time Pilot and Moon Patrol. Time Pilot works well on the the phone too. If you have an Android phone then I'll gladly help you get Mame on it.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Name, and old emulated stuff in general, is the shiz. This needs some finishing touches, but it does the thing it's meant to.

I'm thinking of changing the joy panel to "night sky" from this boring "woodlands grey" colour. But it's such a pain in the arse to do it'll probably just end up staying the way it is.

If you haven't yet given it a shot, have a look at "lakka" OS. It's a full operating system built around the retroarch front end. Convert an old PC or laptop into a retro gaming console with pretty much any emulation you can think of. I'm able to run up to PSP stuff on the mini arcade above, and that's a fairly low end dual core PC with 4gb ram and no discreet graphics card

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Finally picked up Doom Eternal - in the Steam sale for $42. Fingers crossed I can get it working with Proton.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
So much has changed for Linux gaming in last 6 months or so. I built my computer in Sept last year and was able to get most things running with a bit of tweaking of drivers and settings. A couple of them took a good few hours of searching and playing around with things. Now - fresh install of Manjaro on the weekend - all AMD drivers in the repo and ready to go. Install Steam, enable Proton and things just work. Titanfall 2 (even with the shitty Origin account), Doom Eternal (even with the shitty Bethesda account) and Witcher 3 (now looking ever crisper) all just worked.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Ubisoft has released their game schedule so the end of the year is looking packed:
-Watchdogs Legion 29/10/20
-AC Valhalla 17/11/20;
-PS5/Xbox X 19/11/20
-Cyber-punk 2077 19/11/20;
-Far Cry 6 18/2/21

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Witcher 1 need a remake. It’s a really good game but the mouse and keyboard controller is awful.

I had a stint on Witcher 3 and realised I need to play the series to understand what’s going on....

bear the bear

Is a real bear
This could go under LTIH, but...
Getting kicked off the new PS by the wife( Son won't share his, and I bought it cause we are going into a new COVID lockdown ;))
She then overwrote my 4/5 finished game of G.O.W and now I am getting questions every 5 minutes as she plays through (wasn't interested before)

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Wife has cleaned up GOW, now moving on to Last of Us
how long did she take? I need to stop exploring around and finish the main story off. The landscape is so magical.. i can't stop exploring!

i played Last of Us for 20 minutes and didn't find it entertaining. I think I'm too into fantasy stuff like GOW.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
how long did she take? I need to stop exploring around and finish the main story off. The landscape is so magical.. i can't stop exploring!

i played Last of Us for 20 minutes and didn't find it entertaining. I think I'm too into fantasy stuff like GOW.
Just over two weeks. She doesn't like FPS etc so will see....