The gaming thread

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Don't do it get a Samsung again - I had to RA so many Lenovo tablets and explain to so many customers why there Lenovo tablet was slow. Lenovo also likes to do this thing where they release an update to protect you but screw it all up - recently they released an updated to change all the encryption requirements on the tablets and blocked heaps of them from accessing customers wifi.

The good news is Lenovo have no current repair process so if its in warranty when it has an issue you just get a new replacement.
I shall widen my search then. Just trying to keep it to around $350

Minlak

custom titis
I looked that. Would that be fast enough to run games? Why are the Lenovos so slow when they run double the RAM to that and have the same speed processor?
Depends on the games you want to run - most tablet games actually have pretty low requirements to run - to qualify the Lenovo stuff the majority of people buy the much cheaper Lenovo’s that run pretty bad - the higher end links what you were looking at will be fine for games - I just dealt with a lot more Lenovo’s that had to be reset to work again for no apparent reason - lost wifi connections and couldn’t get them back - no display - won’t turn on - boot loops - sold about 5 Samsung to 1 Lenovo buy would get 2 times more Lenovo’s back with issues - we actually bought Mum a Lenovo tablet a couple of years back and it has been fine except for needing to be reset a couple of times a year. The Lenovo will probably be fine it’s not like they all break :)

DMan

Depends on the games you want to run - most tablet games actually have pretty low requirements to run - to qualify the Lenovo stuff the majority of people buy the much cheaper Lenovo’s that run pretty bad - the higher end links what you were looking at will be fine for games - I just dealt with a lot more Lenovo’s that had to be reset to work again for no apparent reason - lost wifi connections and couldn’t get them back - no display - won’t turn on - boot loops - sold about 5 Samsung to 1 Lenovo buy would get 2 times more Lenovo’s back with issues - we actually bought Mum a Lenovo tablet a couple of years back and it has been fine except for needing to be reset a couple of times a year. The Lenovo will probably be fine it’s not like they all break :)
Bought a Samsung Tab S6 lite

DMan

I think I’m the long run you will be much happier with that and it has 24mth warranty too
Yes, I noticed it had a good warranty. It's twice the tablet of the Tab4 she presently has so I'm sure you're right. Thanks for the advice!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Anybody play Among Us? Mr10 came home from school yesterday wanting to download it. I haven't heard anything about it and a few of the other school dad's are also none of the wiser...so I initially said nope but seeing as we've held out Fortnite I'm getting the guilt's about the automatic rejections.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
cant say i've ever played but i get lots of updates from my 13 year old about it. a bit more interactive with his friends that his other great love of fifa mobile where you play random opponents

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anybody play Among Us? Mr10 came home from school yesterday wanting to download it. I haven't heard anything about it and a few of the other school dad's are also none of the wiser...so I initially said nope but seeing as we've held out Fortnite I'm getting the guilt's about the automatic rejections.
My 13 year old and 8 year old are all over it. It's basically Cluedo online and you can invite your friends to play with you. They're trying to find out which of them is the killer (or imposter, or something like that), so occasionally they'll stumble over a dead body (not graphic) and have to discuss clues/theories to work out who it is.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
My 13 year old and 8 year old are all over it. It's basically Cluedo online and you can invite your friends to play with you. They're trying to find out which of them is the killer (or imposter, or something like that), so occasionally they'll stumble over a dead body (not graphic) and have to discuss clues/theories to work out who it is.
It’s fine.
One of the better games out now tbh.
Cheers gents, you've probably just made a wee fellas weekend.
Get your kids chasing some crystal!

used to love these Apogee games in the early 90s on a 286.
Holy shit, he'll need headphones on for that if he's to play that in the house.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Doom Eternal is nuts. Loving it - about halfway I think. Super shotgun is perfect. And BFG back to its former glory.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Doom Eternal is nuts. Loving it - about halfway I think. Super shotgun is perfect. And BFG back to its former glory.
I wasn't a fan of the BFG, or the ballista. Super shotgun is farking awesome though, I'd happily play the whole game with that beast of a thing. Grapple boom!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I like it how you only ever have 1 or 2 charges for the BFG and can only really use it if you feel you're about to get overwhelmed.
Super shotgun with flaming meathook is a bit insane, get so much armour just from that.

The DLC is out next week for it too :)

Dangals

Likes Dirt
Yeah loved the first play through and will play it again once I upgrade my GPU shortly

I loved using the shotty with sticky nades and the scout with homing missles....those were lots of fund.