The gaming thread

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Yeah, I'm not saying they have to.

What I am saying is that building one is about as difficult as doing one of these:

And even with a low range PC of today, you'll still outclass the performance of any console when it comes to performance and graphics.
Not to mention prices on titles.
Sorry console for me, just like the feel of the controller (understand the other aspects though)

bear the bear

Is a real bear
TBH no idea.
I have to cater to all the family, and none of the other two members have any inclination to PC specific games so no bueno in this house...

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Consoles work, and work pretty good. Being able to play some games online with my playstation toting brethren on my pc is great now too.
And Pc’s are much easier to get into. The amount of updates and downloads with new consoles has evened the playing field on that front. Gone are the playstation 2 times of just whacking in a few cables and away you go. Thats all zaf was gettin at.

Fyi I have a playstation 4 aswell, I just prefer mouse/keyboard for the games I play. Currently replaying spyro and crash bandicoot on playstation when I have some spare time and get sick of pwning n00bs in LOL and total war. both titles are still stupid fun and hit me right in the nostalgia button.

Ultra Lord

Fallout 76 on suicide watch. Another new Obsidian IP on it's way.
Keener than a bean!

Also watched a samurai trailer last night that also looks fantastic that I can’t remember the name of

And greed or something, that also looks mint.

Edit: here it is!

Hopefully some good fames next year!

Last edited:
Reactions: Zaf

Ultra Lord

Definitely adding Outer Worlds to the watch list. I like how the trailer mocked the RPG design that Obsidian are kind of famous for avoiding. Kind of makes me want to go play KOTOR2 and New Vegas again.
oh it's being watched, don't worry about that.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Definitely adding Outer Worlds to the watch list. I like how the trailer mocked the RPG design that Obsidian are kind of famous for avoiding. Kind of makes me want to go play KOTOR2 and New Vegas again.
Outer Worlds and Far cry New dawn are on my list. I was gonna buy Fallout 76 but apparently its dying already.

Last edited:

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
my contract with Telstra is up and i'm thinking about changing ISP's but I'm wondering if there's ISP's with good international routing for gaming or do I have to re-contract with Telstra as a "New" customer to get a better deal or if there's another ISP with good international routing?

Minlak

custom titis
my contract with Telstra is up and i'm thinking about changing ISP's but I'm wondering if there's ISP's with good international routing for gaming or do I have to re-contract with Telstra as a "New" customer to get a better deal or if there's another ISP with good international routing?
The answer isn't as simple as that. depending on what connection you use cable / nbn / adsl2 each provider purchases "X" amount of bandwidth to use. By and far on the whole Telstra always has more bandwidth available. this may or may not effect you depending on the congestion in your area. Using optimisation software to reduce pings by prioritising gaming traffic on certain ports over all other traffic will reduce pings. However most of the time you are just fucked as you are further from the server period.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
The answer isn't as simple as that. depending on what connection you use cable / nbn / adsl2 each provider purchases "X" amount of bandwidth to use. By and far on the whole Telstra always has more bandwidth available. this may or may not effect you depending on the congestion in your area. Using optimisation software to reduce pings by prioritising gaming traffic on certain ports over all other traffic will reduce pings. However most of the time you are just fucked as you are further from the server period.
I'm currently with Telstra on FW but i don't believe congestion is much of an issue as I always get the advertised speeds. My interest is in an ISP that has good routing for international traffic. I am aware of data prioritization software and have used them in the past but don't believe they deliever any noticeable changes.