The gaming thread

Minlak

custom titis
What game isn’t?

Even the new smash brothers is a huge grind.

If you get the urge to game, download cup head. It’ll beat you into submission and frustrate you that much you won’t want to game anymore
Exactly right everything is about “levels” now.
I got out of gaming last time as I found myself playing games to pass the time not because I was really enjoying the game. Whole days and nights just focused on grinding.
The danger zone is New Year’s Day for me the missus is going away for a few days the temptation to just try a game or too whilst she is away will be great.

Minlak

custom titis
So getting sucked into glancing at keyboards and mice and wtf when did they start getting so expensive? Have they caught on that gamers will pay more now. Mech keyboards seem to have jumped up closer to $300 than $200 and mice are so convoluted with 1milliin buttons and closer to $200 than $100.
Granted I was looking in JB Hi-Fi but still....
New problem is if I was going to buy one game what would it be. I like battlefield 5 but would prefer call of duty but with this season pass shit seems you need to spend about $150 on it. Wouldn’t mind Assasins Creed either. Don’t want to go down the WOW rabbit hole again.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
So getting sucked into glancing at keyboards and mice and wtf when did they start getting so expensive? Have they caught on that gamers will pay more now. Mech keyboards seem to have jumped up closer to $300 than $200 and mice are so convoluted with 1milliin buttons and closer to $200 than $100.
Granted I was looking in JB Hi-Fi but still....
New problem is if I was going to buy one game what would it be. I like battlefield 5 but would prefer call of duty but with this season pass shit seems you need to spend about $150 on it. Wouldn’t mind Assasins Creed either. Don’t want to go down the WOW rabbit hole again.
Wife really enjoyed Assassins Creed Odyssey

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
RDR2 I don't believe I've ever tapped the X button so much before.

It's ok, I'm a spam R1 kinda guy
Yeah it’s a mash fest! I’m 21 hours in, still on chapter 2 and about 23% of the way through. Keep getting distracted playing poker in the saloon and then insulting everyone after a few whiskies.

Minlak

custom titis
Go buy a Ducky keyboard, should only cost about $100 and fantastic mechanical if that's what you're after.
The most of them are just gimmicky upsells in any case, but you don't need to spend that much. Solid laser mouse will be around $50 as well.

Battlefield V is a flop, nobody's playing it, the most anticipated game mode from the Beta was axed from release and isn't coming until March.
So I downloaded free WoW Starter Edition just to kill some time and I realised what a time sink gaming is for me. I think i will fight the urge to get a game for now.

I also actually looked at PC Case Gear instead of JB Hi-Fi and HN and keyboards / mice etc are all about half the price so not as bad as I thought.

Reactions: Zaf

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Please don't judge me. I got the latest Call of Duty to play with mates online in the hope of it being more interesting than when I last played it in 2008.........it isn't. Its total brainless junk, shoot anything that moves kind of junk that cost me a chunk of my time on the weekend. I tried to enjoy it, I really did but geez its junk. I tried to be sociable and play with pals but geez you attract some cockheadery on that game so yeah nah, it can go to a home where it may be loved.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
It’s ok dozer, we all make mistakes.

I never should’ve downloaded and subscribed to warcraft, I spent my money under the pretence I’d play with my mates that are into it.

Seriously got one month outta, and haven’t touched it since. Boring as fuuuuuuuuck!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member

I never should’ve downloaded and subscribed to warcraft, I spent my money under the pretence I’d play with my mates that are into it.

Seriously got one month outta, and haven’t touched it since. Boring as fuuuuuuuuck!
Thanks, I don't feel so alone now knowing I'm not the only one.

indica

Serial flasher
Need a break from RDR2 so I grabbed Ace Combat 7. Have not played any of the others.... this is heaps of fun. I am so shit at it though.

Minlak

custom titis

Thanks, I don't feel so alone now knowing I'm not the only one.
I got a new “video editing” machine so of course just in the interest of making sure it’s stable wanted to get a game or two again. I ended up downloading World of Warcraft again and started a Panda for shits and giggles got to level 18 and deleted the whole shebang again. I am so glad I didn’t spend money on activating any of my old accounts.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Need a break from RDR2 so I grabbed Ace Combat 7. Have not played any of the others.... this is heaps of fun. I am so shit at it though.
Isn't it good! It is boody hard though, the AI is pretty cluey. I've got the HOTAS 4 flight joysticks to play it, makes it really fun. I love that you can now take off and land instead of it being a cinema screen. ;)
Oh and about Call of Duty; I've been having some awesome times playing with pals on the Blackout mode, really enjoying it actually but still think the rest of the multiplayer is just too damn fast paced.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
took m me 4 hours to work the targeting out.....
Haha, good once you sorted it though? There's some cool weapons you can upgrade to that are effective in certain missions. When you're chasing unmanned aircraft in bunches you can buy and select a cluster missile device that locks onto up to eight objects and fires from one pull of the trigger once locked, that upgrade alone saved me twelve minutes on the third mission.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I got a new “video editing” machine so of course just in the interest of making sure it’s stable wanted to get a game or two again. I ended up downloading World of Warcraft again and started a Panda for shits and giggles got to level 18 and deleted the whole shebang again. I am so glad I didn’t spend money on activating any of my old accounts.
The repetitiveness got to me.

Now playing zelda BOTW on switch. Awesome game! 10/10 would reccomend.