The gaming thread

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
I bought RDR2 before christmas but I seem to have given up on it at Chapter 3. It's a great game, amazing graphics, cut scenes, fight scenes etc but I just didn't get hooked. Instead I am playing Fallout 4 for the second time....Ad Victoriam.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I bought RDR2 before christmas but I seem to have given up on it at Chapter 3. It's a great game, amazing graphics, cut scenes, fight scenes etc but I just didn't get hooked. Instead I am playing Fallout 4 for the second time....Ad Victoriam.
Hah, me too (RDR2). I don't think I've touched it since my last post saying I got to chapter 3. Maybe just need to give it a good break.

Actually loaded up some old games on my macbook - playing Shadowrun Returns at the moment - but have some Divinity Original Sin / Baldurs Gate / Wasteland 2 / Pillars of Eternity to get into.... I say this knowing full well I will give up and go back to the xbox soon

Hah, me too (RDR2). I don't think I've touched it since my last post saying I got to chapter 3. Maybe just need to give it a good break.

Actually loaded up some old games on my macbook - playing Shadowrun Returns at the moment - but have some Divinity Original Sin / Baldurs Gate / Wasteland 2 / Pillars of Eternity to get into.... I say this knowing full well I will give up and go back to the xbox soon
I got bored with Baldurs gate and just spent my time pissing off the big dude in the party

"Jump on my sword evil" ya big jerk

Last edited:

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
CS must be 20 years old now. I remember playing it in ‘99 (beta 4) with our huge beige CRT monitors and overclocked celerons.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Isn't it good! It is boody hard though, the AI is pretty cluey. I've got the HOTAS 4 flight joysticks to play it, makes it really fun. I love that you can now take off and land instead of it being a cinema screen. ;)
Oh and about Call of Duty; I've been having some awesome times playing with pals on the Blackout mode, really enjoying it actually but still think the rest of the multiplayer is just too damn fast paced.
Wow they brought that back! I had the old Ps2 version Flightstick with an import of AC5. Loved that thing. Paid a Motza for it and then got about $30 trade in value when I switched from PS2 to first gen Xbox. Still have AC6 for 360 (now ported to Xbox one) but never had a stick for it. keen to relive it all again!

For some reason I was drawn to weird controllers for games. Like the one for steel battalion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
CS must be 20 years old now. I remember playing it in ‘99 (beta 4) with our huge beige CRT monitors and overclocked celerons.
Yeah pretty sure 1.6 is about that vintage!

Still for me, it's pretty no frills fast fun.

Anyone interested in Original WoW that supposed to be coming out later this year? I was playing vanilla private server Nostralia which gets me a little keen for the blizzard release.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Clock... why don't you move so fast! Waiting for next Friday for Metro Exodus.
Given up on Fallout 76. With the lack of NPC's I really just found it boring as sh!t and pointless

Plow King

Little bit.
Are there any SIM racers here?

Looking at getting some form of Sim racing set up for the Xbox as it's cheaper to run laps on there than it is on the actual track. Which could help my fists of ham.

Any suggestions? Was looking at something above the usual logitech G27- G29 etc. Something along the lines of the Thrustmaster Elite wheel base/pedals etc. Ideally didn't really want to spend more than 1k on the wheel/pedals/frame/shifter. Is that even possible? Or will I have to be patient second hand. I know you can buy the stuff brand new for around 2k for the set up but would rather avoid that.

TYIA

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Are there any SIM racers here?

Looking at getting some form of Sim racing set up for the Xbox as it's cheaper to run laps on there than it is on the actual track. Which could help my fists of ham.

Any suggestions? Was looking at something above the usual logitech G27- G29 etc. Something along the lines of the Thrustmaster Elite wheel base/pedals etc. Ideally didn't really want to spend more than 1k on the wheel/pedals/frame/shifter. Is that even possible? Or will I have to be patient second hand. I know you can buy the stuff brand new for around 2k for the set up but would rather avoid that.

TYIA
I love my sim racing. I am on PS4 and use a Thrustmaster TRS300. I have it setup on a cheap Fantastic Furniture desk and a comfy office chair, works a treat.
I say go for it, its a great time mate.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Clock... why don't you move so fast! Waiting for next Friday for Metro Exodus.
Given up on Fallout 76. With the lack of NPC's I really just found it boring as sh!t and pointless
Metro Exodus is up and running, so far great game, and very good storyline. Little to no hand holding which is a big change, clean interface unlike most modern FPS.
Currently 8.5/10

If you haven't gotten onto it yet, iRacing is the game to be doing it on.
Fair warning though, it is legitimately SIM territory. There is nothing arcade about it; I think a few updates back they started modelling fuel tank slosh factor into the handling characteristics of the car. The Dev's used LIDAR to scan the actual real world race tracks for the game to get them perfectly precise with regards to banking angle, contours etc. and they did the same with the vehicles. I think they recently did Mt.Panorama as well, and even have partnerships with the major race organisations in order to get all this stuff.
They regularly update, in fact it's on a 12 week cycle between the "race calendars". Week 13 is when they implement all the new updates, and you don't gain license points during that week, so usually a bit more relaxed on the server around then.

The community fantastic, but they are hardcore as well, there's a huge emphasis on "incident free" racing and clean, controlled laps. Worthwhile having a force feedback setup.

There might be prettier games out these days, but for sim racing it's unrivaled (imo).
Watched some YouTube vids, looks ace

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Might get that new Metro game when it drops in price a bit.

new Far Cry looks good too - but won’t be anything other than another FarCry

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
the MX518 is being re-released.

I've still got mine - although the wheel doesn't work as well as once did.